1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Good idea need for Laptop & Oculus rift

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by dope-walker, Jan 18, 2020.

1. dope-walker

dope-walker New Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Hello,
    I Need help
    . I am looking for a good solution to my problem.

I have an Asus fx504gd and an Oculus rift but the big Problem is the HDMI conection dosent work with it.

I don't have the money for a new pc at the moment.
    What options are there so that I can still use my rift?
    Please help me!

Greets

Dope-walker
  2. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi Dope-walker,

There may not be any way to get your laptop working with the Oculus rift. :(
    I've heard there can be issues ranging from the refresh rate of the HDMI being too low, to difficulties with the oculus detecting the graphics card over the integrated graphics on the CPU. Try running the oculus compatibility checker on it, but if that comes up with no, then I think you're out of luck I'm afraid.
    I've never tried running an oculus from a laptop myself. It is possible with certain laptops, but the compatibility problems are notorious.
  3. Javo5

Javo5 Active Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    If your notebook have Display port, try an adapter.
    I have a Rift s (for my desktop PC), it has a display port but my notebook does not, so I use the quest with the link and usb.