1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Interface Requires GameEngine to be Restarted

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Nick Tulloh, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Nick Tulloh

Nick Tulloh New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    ###################################################

Simulator

1. ProSimu 2D + traction loss
    2. DOF (Number of axles ): 3?
    3. Actuators: Dyadic
    4. Interface (Arduino, SCN, Mega, DIY etc. ): SCN

SimTools

1. Version Number: 2.0
    2. Game Plugin where the error is happening: Game Engine
    3. Settings (Relevant settings): below
    ###################################################

I just upgraded my Digital Storm PC. Was happily running SimTools to drive iRacing on my ProSimu, probably not tweaked optimally but worked great. Bought another SimTools license (I'm going to run another sim on the old computer). Transferred my settings from the old computer (Axis and Interface) to the new. Patched the game.

When I go through the setup instructions and get to Output Testing I get "Interface Requires GameEngine to be Restarted" and restarting doesn't change it (just get the error message again).

It's not an issue of the rams not centering as I can't even get to that point. When GameEngine starts, at least one ram is self-testing fine.

Sure could use some help. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Hi Nick,
    Most likely it one of the interface settings having the wrong com port.
    Since the setting were copied over, i bet the com ports don't match-up right is all.

Looks like only the traction loss axis is shown above?
    What about Axis1a and Axis2a?
  3. Nick Tulloh

Nick Tulloh New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I had 1a and 2a assigned to COM 4 and COM 6. When I unplug the sim USBs one by one, the COM Ports 4-6 in device manager disappear one by one. Is there another way to assign the COM Ports? Is "SCN" correct? It seems like last time I had to change the drop down that says "DOF Output" before the "Turn On" button was active. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really appreciate the help.

Nick
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    What does interface #2 look like?