1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim & LFS

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by fermevc, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Chumet1

Chumet1 Member

Balance:
    - 2Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    I think the same, but actually does not play years
    • Like Like x 1
  2. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    i still use once in a while LFS. I find the the realism in physics still pretty good . Especially the motion telemetry is still very good. It lacks in graphism quite a bit . It is easy also on the cpu as said already.

what is bothering me the most is when it come to send the data at several displays and motion systems . You cant get it all or it take a lot of fidelling with a proxy (the same as codemasters). I believe the programmeres should make a little effort to improve these aspect otherwise these sims will just fade away in time unfortunately ...
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @abs
    Define "programmers"
    and define "sims"
    If you mean game programmers, remember, most of the current racing games, especially by codemasters are ported across PC, and console. Mostly designed for console and ONE screen. If they support 3 screens on a PC, then be happy they did do that.
    Theres several of us here that run 3 screens successfully and motion so I dont know what you are finding trouble with.
    As for "Sims" anything more true to sim life will be PC only. Assetto Corsa is a great game and excellent graphics and physics . Theres also good 'ol Iracing, Simbin games, and of course going back to rfactor days, actually rfactor 2 is out and looks great across 3 screens with motion.
    so define "fade away"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scratch

Scratch Active Member

Balance:
    281Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    You can get it all! I run iRacing with SoftTH (Three screens), Simtools (motion), Simvibe (shakers), Simdash (for 5 analog gauges and 2 mfd's), HIDMacros (for diy button box and H-shifter), iSpeed (telemetry) and iRacingSLI (for SLI display). Unfortunately, iRacing is atm. the only sim I'm aware of that supports all this stuff running simultaneously. After I upgrade my SLI display, then I'll have some more options. But fortunately iRacing is one of the best (maybe THE best:grin) sims out there.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    hello bsft,

yes i ment game programmers. i had not in mind console (i agrree ragrding your comment about consoles). i am no programmer but it seems to me that almost anything nowadays can be run on 3 screens with eyefininty and nvidiA 3d support if we speek about PC.
    As for motion, i also tend to agree, however, to me codemasters games are just games not sims . Each releasse lacks everything.
    LFS is a sort of a pioneer in sim racing .It is still a standard in sumulation when it comes to physics. Even with that said, it will disappear (fade away) . it seems to me they did not deploy enough energy to keep up with sims such as iracing and asseto corsa (New standards in the last decade). Too bad for lfs and too bad for codemasters stategy. With all this said, I deplore the stategy of these sim/game companies.
    regarding Iracing and AC, they are too me on the top of my sim list. see Iracing , every 2 or 3 weeks there are mojor updates . onec egain, it seems to me , they are not staying behind ...
  6. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    yes i agree probably the best nowadays . it runs very well with softth but now i use 3 D with nvidia (i changed card)
  7. Deeppl

Deeppl Member

Balance:
    276Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    I am interested in LFS. If anyone wants to race I will be happy to join. ;)