1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question I am looking for a good heave filter in FlyPT! who can help me?

Discussion in 'Dirt Series' started by Bastiuscha, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    hi,

actually, i'm only concerned about one Thing...the Chassis and the Groundbumpiness feel really good. The only Thing that bothers me, is that i can't really feel a sag in the Jumps. Only the landing as Impact. Is there a possible/Filter how i can additionally feel the sag without affecting the other values? I have the EMALP value at 250.
    if i lower the value, everything becomes much harder (too hard) but i still can't feel a sag. Can it be that Dirt2 doesn't pass this force at all?

I have considered whether I create a second pose window, only with heave active. Then cut out the small values and correct the large values upwards, so that they become palpable. But Filters that go so into a detail, currently still overwhelm me. I understand the explanations with my poor english often not quite.

Do you have any idea? The online Setups of other Users don't have a Solution (or i did not found).

best regards
    Basti
  2. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Now I've been testing for a while and have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the physics of Dirt2. Has no one noticed this yet? Maybe I'm just wrong. I have now created a professional drawing. On the basis of this, I would like to present the problem. We have three states. Marked in blue numbers.
    Point 1: Hill, force upwards. Rig moves up.
    Point 2: Fall, power down, Rig sags downward.
    Point 3: Landing. Power up. Rig pushes up.

When I drive Assetto Corsa, for example, it feels perfect. Every point fits.
    In Dirt 2, however, point 2 is missing. No matter what I set, I don't get a clean sag.

That's why I've come to the conclusion that it's Dirt2.
    In the Dirt2 source is also missing Vertical acc. "with gravity". Could this be the point? Normal ground waves work , but in free fall I can not feel any sag. Maybe i should take a video from me, to see more.
    I think the sag is to slow. If i watch youtube videos others seats, they have also no sag or to slow.
    [​IMG]