1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

1.3 runtime switcher :-)

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by f1iceman, Apr 3, 2016.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    841Coins
    Ratings:
    +391 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5, SCN6, Motion platform, 4DOF

this is a good switcher for all version for the 1.3 update.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,281Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,115 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I write two lines, maybe could be useful to someone with the same problem I had.

After struggling with the Oculus Runtimes, after the 1.3 release (0.5 and 0.8 always worked before) I've finally been able to have the 0.5 and 1.3 runtimes work by updating the drivers for my two other monitors I have now connected and removing from device manager the oculus (generic plug and play monitor). Once I re-plugged it, extended mode started working again. Probably something messed with the drivers, so I had 0.5 just working in direct mode and not recognizing the HMD in extended mode.

Now I can switch from 1.3 (direct display) to 0.5 (extended mode) and enjoy what I like the most (AC) and all the new stuff Oculus will bring.
  3. f1iceman

Balance:
    841Coins
    Ratings:
    +391 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    run that switcher in the video it works brilliant but need 8.1 windows for you to take advantage of it all working.
    you just press the button job done easyest way to change the runtime.
    but when you install it you have to do each runtime but MUST start from 0.5 and work up on installing them ok.
    as the drivers will not go in for the older runtimes if you start from the new ones.
  4. Blame73

Balance:
    8,281Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,115 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    That switcher is a GUI for the commands I was using. It didn't work until I did what I wrote.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. f1iceman

Balance:
    841Coins
    Ratings:
    +391 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    what was found was the runtime say 0.8 would load a driver.
    but then if you load the 0.5 runtime after when you tried to switch it would not find graphics driver.
    the newer driver with the runtime was taking prority from the newer runtime not letting an old one install.
    if you start at 0.5 runtime and work upwards the drivers for all will be installed and should work.
    this was with single screen setup.
    but seemed to be a graphics driver issue causing the no running and lack of one.
    its a god send switcher and points are awarded big time for the chaps that made it.
    i think both ways should be tried tbh.
  6. Blame73

Balance:
    8,281Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,115 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    My steps for having a working Oculus 0.5/1.3 runtimes switcher:
    • Uninstall ALL of the Oculus drivers
    • Install Oculus Home (sdk 1.3)
    • Clean install NVidia older last version working pre-W10 drivers;
      • ver.350.12 (It surely recognizes Oculus and sdk 0.5)
    • Install, in this order, runtime 0.5.0.1 - restart pc - 0.8 in the following folders:
      • 0.5.0.1 => C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus_0500
        • Once installed copy the folder somewhere else, cause next installation could remove some files
      • 0.8 => C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus_0800
        • Copy the folder previoulsy copied back to its place
      • 0.6 isn't working and 0.7 is useless. In case you wanted them anyway, install 'em following the order 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 (copying the folder and placing them back after last installation)
      • 0.8 is mandatory for switching from 0.5 to 1.3 and vice-versa. It's used to set displayMode Extended/Direct
    • Update NVidia drivers (I'm on 364.72 atm)
    • Use the GUI switcher if you want to. I just launch the two commands (as administrator)
    • Should you have problems, set permissions in *.exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus_0500\Tools and C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus_0500\Service to run them as administrator and in Windows 8 compatibility mode (and in the Oculus_0800\Toos and \Service folders too).
    • Also check in activity monitor, in case you should still have problems in loading the services, that any Oculus activity has been closed; in case isn't, terminate it
    I wish I found a step by step like this, it'd have saved me a lot of time. I know every PC is different and what works for me couldn't work for you too, just hope it helps anyway to explain something better.

Happy VR,
    Davide

Edit: I attached my commands

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  7. f1iceman

Balance:
    841Coins
    Ratings:
    +391 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    brill we getting lots of useful stuff in the vr section :)
    what we need is lots of options like you say all comps are diffrent.