1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question 12V wiper motors not running

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Simulator Jicin, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Simulator Jicin

Simulator Jicin New Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello guys, i bought two new 12V wiper motors. I wanted to know if the motors are running, so i tried connecting pins straight to the power supply, they both moved little bit, but then they stopped and i cant get them to move again. Does anyone know what should i try?

upload_2024-3-9_14-40-20.jpeg
  2. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello friend, what is your power supply? Battery or Power supply?
  3. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    If it is a computer power supply or a power supply from an LED strip, the power supply may have gone into protection (you need to unplug it from the outlet and reconnect it after one minute).
  4. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I also want to add that you need to disconnect the mass wire from the motor housing, otherwise you will have a short circuit since you have a hinged frame and two electric motors working in different directions.
  5. Simulator Jicin

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I have a LED strip power supply, but this is not the case, i tried reconnecting it several times.
  6. Simulator Jicin

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    What do you mean by the mass wire? When i was testing them, they were mounted like this, on aluminium "bar". upload_2024-3-10_10-55-28.jpeg
  7. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You use automotive gearboxes as a rule, the negative wire of this gear is fixed to the housing of this gearbox. In cars, the body is a disadvantage. Therefore, it is necessary to disconnect the ground wire from each motor reducer, otherwise there will be a short circuit.
  8. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Try to connect to one motor reducer first by applying 12 volts to it. The disadvantage will be the case of the motor reducer. It would be nice to see your video for a better understanding of how you connect.
  9. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    If I explained it incomprehensibly, you can remove the hood from the motor reducer and see that one brush is attached to the body, it needs to be disconnected from the body since you have an aluminum simulator. If the gaming platform were made of wood or plastic, this could not be done since neither wood nor plastic conducts electricity.
  10. Simulator Jicin

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I know what are you talking about, it is the ground isolation what DMax in his video did. But my motors are not connected to the body. upload_2024-3-10_14-9-57.jpeg upload_2024-3-10_14-10-40.jpeg
  11. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    It's just under this board with brushes that you can see whether the brush is attached to the case or not, but unfortunately you didn't show the photos.
  12. yura999

yura999 New Member

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You can also use a 12 volt car battery to test the gear motor. It is enough to connect to the gear motor as shown in the photo. If you reverse the polarity, the motor will rotate in the opposite direction. If you are interested in how it works, you can go to YouTube and get acquainted.
    motorwiper.JPG