1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Anyone tried the WIT sensor for motion compensation?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Nicki9knuckles, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Nicki9knuckles

Nicki9knuckles Active Member

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    I seen some people using this WT901C 9 Axis IMU Sensor (https://www.aliexpress.us/item/4001...42311.0.0.3a714c4dEFdmb1&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa) to handle motion compensation when running other motion software. I was wondering if anyone has tried using it with Simtools or if thats a possiblity? And if not, is there any common solution that people are using these days to handle it? At this point I just have my motion turned down pretty low so I don't end up outside of the car when my traction loss swings me over to the left or right. But it's less helpful when in flight and you want that larger motion feeling when banking a turn for example.

I tried using this a long time ago:
    https://ovrmc.dschadu.de/
    But I found it really affected how choppfy the games ran, plus now I have a Quest 3 instead of a Valve Index

Thanks!
  2. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,638Coins
    Ratings:
    +254 / 1 / -0
    I'm pretty sure the only software with motion compensation that uses the witmotion is simracingstudio.
  3. Nicki9knuckles

Nicki9knuckles Active Member

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    are there other solutions people use these days with SimTools? There dosen't seem to be a lot of topics on this subject in this fourm which I find suprising
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    13,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,270 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    The wit is very limited for linear motion.
    You get good rotations but converting accelerations to position is a problem.
    So, it's good for 3dof rigs (the ones with actuators acting as feet's) or like they say in srs, for 3 dof with surge where the actuator is horizontal, because they know that the position of the actuator is the amount of surge.

I have it in the new Mover release, but for hexapods it's worthless.
    • Informative Informative x 1