1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Commercially-built but developmental hexapod VR flight at university

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Markypops, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Markypops

Markypops New Member

Balance:
    46Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi people
    We have a commercially-built but developmental hexapod VR flight sim at the University I teach at. There are hooks into the software that we can use, with the blessing of the manufacturer. I'm interested in getting good motion compensation for the VR (hopefully with openXR-motioncompensation) and motion cueing (hopefully with Flypt Mover), especially in a way that's intuitive for students to muck about with.

I'm planning to start with X-Plane 12 but would like to explore using Condor 2 also for gliding.
    It looks like people have mentioned issues with vibration when using a controller fixed to the sim as a VR reference, especially with a buttkicker too which we might add, so I'm interested to see how that works vs using an output from Flypt or the sim's own software which will sanity check the inputs and control the drives.

Flypt seems to offer lots of flexibility over filter choice in the motion cueing, which sounds really good. I hope that getting profiles and comms with X-Plane started won't be too tricky. I'm interested to explore using the X-Plane outputs related to acceleration in the cabin directly: are they any use, or do we use motion at the CoG and distance from their to the pilot?