1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question DOF Reality sensor issue

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Tjockis, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello, I just received my DOF reality H3.
    But I'm facing an issue with the sensors.

The company gives a software "SMC3Utils v1.02'', in this we can check on a graph the power of motors, and the sensor output. By moving the sensor manually we shohuld see the line move... But of course for me nothing is moving.
    So with a second software also given by dof reality "DOF Reality Tools (run as Administrator)" (software to update our stuff)
    When we go in the admin mode we can select the firmware to install, and for the H3 we have some differents
    upload_2024-1-20_12-42-21.png
    There is BAA and BAB, the difference is for the 3rd motor, if it's oriented left or right. So I do believe I have the A. But it's not important right now I guess.
    So i updated the firmware but same issue.

But there is an other firmware
    upload_2024-1-20_12-44-18.png
    Which is analog, well i tried to install this one just to check. And surprisingly, on the graph I can see the sensor line moving !!! I was so happy at this point, but not for long
    If the analog firmware is installed, the motors don't want to move... I cannot turn them ON. But with the digital firmware i can turn it ON, i cannot move it manually with the software but when they start they are moving for some time then stop...

So i don't know if someone got this issue ? I tried to search about this but nothing anywhere. I send a message to support. Before i found the analog "solution"they told me it's probably the sensor which is dead, but looks like no, and i basically replied with this message, but we are the weekend so next answer Monday in the best world... So looking for any input here.

Thank you for your help and have a good weekend

Tjockis
  2. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Forgot a precision, i don't have SFO gearbox and my sensor are : sensor assembly
    like this : upload_2024-1-20_12-52-25.png
  3. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,468Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    The motors will safety lock off if the sensor green line is too far away from where SMC expects it to be relative to the motor position and will prevent you unlocking them.

In theory, you should be able to loosen off the silver flexible coupler grub screw from the motor shaft, adjust the sensor line to the middle, re-tighten the coupler, power on the motor and then click to unlock the motor in SMC. (Keep fingers away when you do just in case!)

Note, the black lever arm should be horizontal for the middle position. It is safest to have it disconnected from the rest of the rig when calibrating just in case it is 180 degrees around the wrong way.
  4. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello @GWiz, thank you for your answer

Even if the motor is locked, i should be able to see the green line moving no ?
    Because for the moment the issue is, when i turn the silver flexible with my hand, i don't have anything on the graph... On my graph the green line is at the middel and don't move
  5. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,468Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Yes, the green line should move with the motor locked as long as the sensor is sending a signal and it's being correctly interpreted by the micro-controller in the control box. Things that will prevent this could be an issue with the micro-controller (often an arduino) either hardware or firmware or a problem with communicating through the COM port - check the correct one is selected and nothing else is connected to the same COM port.
  6. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I tried by changing USB even removing mouse keyboard, but nothing.
    Here I uploaded the firmware analog and I can see the green line moving
    upload_2024-1-20_18-14-2.png
    (done that by moving the sensor with my hand)

But in this case, I cannot click on the button OFF to turn on the motor.

But that mean the connection is ok right ?
    You have a DOF reality 6 ? do you know which firmware you have on it ?

Also i m on usb 3.0, but i tried on 2 and same
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  7. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,468Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Yes, looks like the sensor is working. I have an old P6 - not sure which firmware is on it. Mine pre-dates the SFU gearboxes and DOF Reality Tools software.
    This video may help you:

Calibrate DOFREALITY motor - YouTube
  8. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Yes i saw it, but to do that, I have to come back in firmware Digital, so no more green line :(
  9. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Also sometimes, i'm pretty sure I have this message : upload_2024-1-20_18-31-9.png
    But all 3 motors are free to move at 360 degree, and nothing is fixed on it, so i don't really understand
  10. Tjockis

Tjockis New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    OK big news, it's working ahah
    So a big GOOD TO KNOW, you need to get the 3 sensors in between the limit to be able to turn on even 1 motor... lol since the beginning i was touching only the motor 1 of course it's logique....

Ahah well thanks for your help, and now I rebuild everything and let see if it;s working :D

PS : So yeah i think there is still the firmware Analog... i don't know if it's this one by default , but yeah let's try with it.
    • Winner Winner x 1