1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question FFB problem with leonardo (beginner)

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Totouan, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Totouan

Totouan New Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello, this is the first time I post something on this forum after hours of reading !
    I made a first prototype of an ffb steering wheel using arduino leonardo and EMC lite with two BTS7960 driver for two 770 motors on a 12V power supplie, this project is very well documented so I made it quite easiliy despite the fact that I have no experience on coding. But now I have a problem and I am asking you if you could give me any advices on what to do. The steering wheel and the pedals are working very well but the ffb isn't working. I am sure of my wiring so I tried to remove a motor, I also bought two new BTS drivers but it still give nothing.
    By looking on this forum I found that the cause of that may be that all the BTS drivers I bought have a GAG125 which may be not enough according to what I read on others posts.
    Do you think this may be the cause or have you any other idea of what to do ? If it is, a BTS 7960 with a GAG523 would be good ?
    I attached the shema I used below.
    I hope someone could help me, thank you !

Attached Files:

2. Totouan

Totouan New Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Please guys nobody have any idea ?
    Or at least a way to look in ?
    Thanks !
  3. X.STTONER

X.STTONER Sttoner

business manager
    Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    I am reviewing the wiring that you attached and that project is from Ai-ware which also works with arduino

The EMC has different wiring, I will give it to you so you can check it, you may find the error there. I have done both projects and I have had no problems.

Attached Files:

4. Totouan

Totouan New Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Okay thanks, but I am not sure this is for thé lite version, because we cannot use any H-shifter on this one. Anyway I bought a stm32 and I bought the liscence of the pro version of EMC ultility.
    Thanks again
  5. X.STTONER

X.STTONER Sttoner

business manager
    Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I tried the lite version with this wiring, the difference I understood was the greater control of the ffbb and the update
  6. X.STTONER

X.STTONER Sttoner

business manager
    Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I am attaching the wiring in stm32 for you to review.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Totouan

Totouan New Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Yes I git it with a video on YouTube. Thank s a lot !
    And I don’t have ant Z on my rotary encoder, only A and B, have I to keep the same wiring, and let a space on the A2 pin or to put the first potentiometre ( acc. ) on A2 ?
    Thanks !
  8. Totouan

Totouan New Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    And are the filtre necessary on the potentiometre, can’t we just plug the middle pin of the potentiometres on the differents A pins ?
    Thanks for your help !
  9. X.STTONER

X.STTONER Sttoner

business manager
    Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I believe that the filter is used to avoid noise or intermittent readings that potentiometers may have.

although I use them without a filter and it works without problem
  10. X.STTONER

X.STTONER Sttoner

business manager
    Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    The z index is for when you turn on the steering wheel it automatically finds the center

reviewing my notes for when you don't have the z index it doesn't connect and every time you start you have to select that the steering wheel is centered

I am attaching a manual where the procedures are indicated, I hope it helps you.

Attached Files:

11. Totouan

Totouan New Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Okay great, thanks a lot !