1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover RS Mega Heave?

Discussion in 'Flight Simulator 2020 - FS2020' started by Joedreamliner787, Sep 30, 2024 at 04:52.

1. Joedreamliner787

Joedreamliner787 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi all, I built a full H145 cockpit and it's sitting on a platform RS Mega. 4 actuators, thanos controller. I found a nice profile in fly PT and it works very well with the H145 I'm flying. Only thing I noticed is when I pull up on the collective the platform should rise a bit but doesn't. Pitch and roll works great. Wondering what I need to change to make the surge work properly or if anyone has an H145 profile they can Share. I'm using flypts built in stuff nothing from sim tools maybe I should and don't know. Any help is appreciated
  2. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,506Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,443 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Please share your setup here.
    I will take a look.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Joedreamliner787

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I placed the move file into a zip folder. It wouldn't let me directly upload.
    The setup is an RSMEGA4U. 150mm stroke. Feel free to make any changes that will be beneficial.

You can see me flying this file in operation here:

Hi Thank you!

Attached Files:

4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,506Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,443 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Well, to start, you can set heave in the poses to 75mm range since you have 150mm travel.
    In the rig module you set range to 150mm and that is the travel. In mover range is half the travel. You have 75mm range up and down, so set that value to the range in the rig module
    You also checked the ground data in both poses. That way you are multiplying by 2 the values received while on the ground because you send both poses to the rig.
    You can disable sway and surge in the poses, your rig can't do it. Put there just VALUE and gain 1. This reduces the amount of calculations (near anything, but...).

For the ground pose, I see in heave the use of a strong low pass filter. This smooths everything you feel.
    For more detail, reduce the filter and maybe add a high pass to go back to zero, just like you have in the air pose:
    EMALP(EMAHP(VALUE;190.000);9000)
    BUT, this filter is 9000 smooth and 190 high pass...

Try something like
    EMALP(EMAHP(VALUE;500);500)

Bigger the high pass, more movement you get (higher value means you let pass more low frequencies)
    Smaller the low pass, more detail
    So reduce the low pass to have more vibrations and increase the high pass for more range of movement.

For heave I would keep the same filter in air and ground to start.
    The 500 I say, is just empiric and depends on the actuators, but I think it's good to start. Be careful.

An observation related to the build:
    Seems a great build, but I noticed that you have the vertical actuators with more than 1000mm distance.
    Might not be important for heli, but this reduces significantlly the rotations allowed. If the feets are closer, you get more roll and pitch.
  5. Joedreamliner787

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thank you! Do you have screen shots of where I make the changes? I'm a bit new to fly pt and still trying to figure things out. I kept the actuators apart so the motion ranges would be subtle but still felt. Mixed VR will be the next step and I think even with subtle motion and vr the brain will be really tricked. What are you thoughts?

Thanks again for you help!
  6. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,506Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,443 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    In the modules of pose, put the filter in this field (heave filter):
    upload_2024-10-1_2-22-49.png

Change also the range in blue to 75:
    upload_2024-10-1_2-25-12.png

In the rig:
    upload_2024-10-1_2-24-4.png
    Change the one in blue to 75mm of range

Ignore the other values they are just the default of mover. Keep what you have for now
  7. Joedreamliner787

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I've been experimenting with the high-pass and low-pass filters, and it feels like a double-edged sword. When the helicopter touches down, I want the rig to absorb the impact without a harsh jolt, even though a real crash would be severe. Ideally, a crash should produce a thump rather than a jarring sensation.

I've noticed that increasing the high-pass smooth while lowering the low-pass helps mitigate the harshness, but it affects the heave. The collective pull should be noticeable up and down, but without a jarring effect during a crash. I tried the 500/500 setting for air and ground, but it still results in a hard impact. I've also ensured that air is separate from ground. So ground isn't checked off in both poses. Additionally, in the L1 and L2 I put in the actual values of how far apart the actuators are spaced.

Additionally, I've realized that the roll isn’t as pronounced as I’d like, and I’m unsure what adjustments are needed to enhance it. On a positive note, I had a lot of fun tweaking the RPM prop; it shakes when you start the helicopter until the RPMs stabilize, which is really cool.

I also noticed that SimConnect has a COR setting. Does this relate to my rig, and should I enter a value for the pilot seat height? I plan to add motion support eventually, using a mixed VR setup with Somnium Space.

Any guidance or suggestions on these points would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!