1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Heli Cyclic & Collective with throttle twist grip for sale

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by GoFlying, Aug 1, 2024.

1. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    102Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

following a serious back injury, I am no longer able to fly helis in real life or via sims

So I am selling my 737diysim.com Heli Cyclic and collective with throttle,twist grip.
    These are servo assisted to provide the closest feel to flying a real heli.

Both are built to a very high standard.

12 & 24v psu’s, wiring harnesses etc.

Given the size, I’d prefer collection from the Chichester UK area, but I can package all up very carefully for sending via a quality courier - it’ll be a fairly large box with associated courier costs of probably £30.

Sensible offers only please - if you need more info please feel free to PM me for my personal contact details: https://xsimulator.net/community/faq/private-messaging.85/

pics as follows:
    IMG_3530.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2024
  2. Aerosmith

Aerosmith Member

self employed
    Balance:
    515Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    Wow, that looks very tempting...
    I have to admit that I have no idea what you would accept as "sensible offer". I know that commercial built force-feedback yokes are in the 1000+€ range. The 3D-printer files from 737diysim.com are at €40-something but to be honest my 3D printer couldn't produce such a high quality and even if it could it would be still a lot of work for assembly, wiring etc.

Ugh, that's hard. :oops: I don't want to take advantage of your misfortune. Could you please tell us what you payed for the electronics and what you think your (excellent looking:thumbs) work is worth?
    Thanks
  3. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    102Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi there & thank you for your reply…

If I had to put a figure on just component parts, including 3d printing filaments of various types, resin printed cyclic grip, and then all the stainless steel hardware, servo motors, positional sensors, servo drivers 12v & 24v DC PSU’’s, bearings, cabling & connectors, etc etc I’d guess that I am probably into £1750+ I’d guess I’ve spent at least 200 hours printing and assembling

I built this with no expense spared to get as close a feel to flying helis irl. I’d previously owned a ProFlite PumaX which didn’t come close to what a proper cyclic and collective should feel like.

This rig would be about as close as it comes without spending many thousands more to get a complete ‘closed-loop’ servo feedback control setup.

There remains a ‘very small’ amount of wiring to be done - connecting the multi-way plugs to the servo motor psu’s and the like. All the looms are labelled and complete, just needs hooking up.

I’d like £700 cash on collection please which would be an incredibly good deal! Also, if you can collect, I can go through all the details of the items and build which you would find very useful. I’m in the Chichester, West Sussex area - would that work for you?
  4. Aerosmith

Aerosmith Member

self employed
    Balance:
    515Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    £700 is really an incredibly good deal. I'd say "yes" immediately. Unfortunatelly, there are two problems.
    1. I'd love to talk to a real pilot but I live in Germany so unfortunatelly, Chichester is a bit far away.
    2. My business is CNC machines so I can usually hide my hardware purchases from my wife and the tax office:rolleyes:But theese items just look too suspicious.
    Let's see what I can do...
  5. Aerosmith

Aerosmith Member

self employed
    Balance:
    515Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    @GoFlying Did you receive my PM? Problem #2 is solved, so I'd take it!:)We only have to find out how to handle shipping.
    • Like Like x 1