1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Help with using MS2020 and simtools 3/Flypt Mover

Discussion in 'Flight Simulator 2020 - FS2020' started by Nick Clements, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Nick Clements

Nick Clements Member

Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    I have built version 2 of my Wheelchair motor 3dof rig. (With Traction Loss), all tested and working fine in SMC and simtools etc.

Before I dive into properly setting up, as I’m only using for MS2020 flight sim what are the best axis assignments to use. For Yaw should I use Yaw velocity?

Also after using the tuner in sim tools 3 both for ground and then air, how do I tone down the ground movements as it’s way to strong.? Do I use the sliders, and tone down by moving slider up and adding to the limits?

Has anyone successfully configured MS2020 for 3dof rig, and would like to share settings in simtools 3 it would be most appreciated :)

I was hoping to use Flyptmover as it works a treat with 2dof setup. However I cannot see a way to add the 3 traction loss motor to config. There does not seem to be a 3dof rotating (Two Front with traction loss at rear of Rig) to choose from?????
  2. Gerardo Rivera

Gerardo Rivera New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Nick,,
    I got a 2dof I’m using s3 simtools if you want I can send you my settings took me month to get help here to make operated smoothly with no jerking movements, other issues I’m having trying to get FSX and prepard3d to connect.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Nick Clements

Nick Clements Member

Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    If you dont mind sharing you simtools 3 settings/screenshots it would be most helpfull. I can then also see if i can get FSX working as well.
  4. Gerardo Rivera

Gerardo Rivera New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Nick here are my settings

Attached Files: