1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Leonpo's 2DOF SCN5 100mm project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by leonpo, May 17, 2010.

1. leonpo

leonpo New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first try:

IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    Regards

Leon
  2. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Not bad for the first try!

Just watch the pivot point under the seat. The supporting rod looks a bit thin and long, you might want to reinforce it from at least 3 directions.
    I can see the welding at the base weaken over time under the constant shaking and loading of all the weight.

Not a good way to end a driving session thats for sure. :D
  3. leonpo

leonpo New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the comment.
    It is 3/4 solid tube (19mm), so i hope it will hold. The height is because my tv screens are sit on the table so i need to have relatively high seat position. Probably will redo it later.

Attached dimension drawing.
    Motion Base Metal.jpg

Leon
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Do not hope, get it right for the first time. That is the part which will be under constant stress from all directions and its diameter is very small compared to its length. Trust me, it will be a lot worse to repair, not to mention the possible damages to other components and also to yourself.

You can hope that it will just weaken over time and you can catch it before. But you can guess when it is likely to brake... of course it will be on the biggest impact. Now, just think about the consequences if your seat base detaches in the middle of a crash and the car starts to roll on its axis.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be in the room when it happens... Sitting in the chair? Well, you get the idea.
  5. Mindcrime

Mindcrime New Member

Collision Center Owner
    Balance:
    377Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not bad work! I agree with Frakk... may as well get that mount beefed up a bit before it becomes an issue... keep up the work!!
  6. leonpo

leonpo New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Back to the angle grinder then

leon
  7. leonpo

leonpo New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins