1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motion simulator project with 2 DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Danilo Silva, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Danilo Silva

Danilo Silva New Member

Balance:
    - 4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello everyone, I come here to share with you my project to build a motion simulator with 2 dof.

I'm using for the circuit:

Arduino one;

2 24v motors with 82RPM;
    IMG_20240220_104508.jpg

2 BTS7960B H-bridge modules

2 hall sensors
    IMG_20240220_104458.jpg
    2 switched sources
    IMG_20240220_104519.jpg
    I'm basing myself on this project
    [​IMG]

For the case I am using a plastic tool box with a lock.
    IMG_20240220_104534.jpg IMG_20240220_104546.jpg
    The electrical connections between external and internal will be with powercon speakon connectors
    IMG_20240220_104604.jpg
    I'm still designing the cockpit structure, trying to create a lightweight and adjustable structure design.

Materials for the structure I only have:

1 universal gear shift joint
    IMG_20240220_104652.jpg

1 m8 threaded bar
    4 label terminals with M8 thread
    IMG_20240220_104759.jpg

The project is still in development, there's still a lot to do, but I'm happy to be able to move forward.
    Problems:
    When I tested the motor with SMC3Utils, the motor stopped when turning the hall sensor in the same direction as the motor shaft and would no longer start. So I tested it by turning the sensor in the opposite direction of the motor shaft rotation and with that the motor started to change the direction of rotation, when I turned the hall sensor to the left the motor turned to the right, when I turned the sensor to the right the engine turned to the left, but at no time did the engine stop or shut down. I don't know if it's a problem, because in most of the projects I've seen here with you, the hall sensor is rotating in the same direction as the motor shaft. If anyone can give me a tip I would appreciate it.
    Should the hall sensor or potentiometer rotate in the same direction or can we use a gear rotating in opposite directions?

Well, to update the project, I'll post it here with you....thanks

Attached Files: