1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

my first diy self motion sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by dong414, Apr 27, 2010.

1. dong414

dong414 New Member

Balance:
    - 167Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am building a motion sim using three 24v wheel chair motors a unversel joint and push rods from the motor to the seat connected by rose joints a center pole with an inner pole to act as a piston with a spring on the ouside
    its very simula the one built by xxxvr in his rebuild video i need a bit of help can any tell me if out side of the tube shoud move or the inside one as in his video is seem to the outside when i put power in to the motors they lock and wont move i have not put any elctronic on yet i will be using bbf thanks for your time john
  2. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello John,

Something has to be wrong with your keyboard. The shift key with , and . must be stuck! :D

Can you post some pictures or videos you are referring to? Doesn't matter which part of the tube moves, but you might want to keep the center of gravity down.
  3. dong414

dong414 New Member

Balance:
    - 167Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi thanks for your reply i have not put any controdo can you help ler on yet i only whant to to test if the motor work and the do it is very fast i will put some photos on if i new how to can you help
    ps i live in england where you base will start to build motor controlers and try again john
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Before getting into any discussion, please correct your grammar and punctuation. English is your first language, but I can understand Google Translator a lot better.

After you have done this, you will be able to communicate your problems and questions a lot better and people here will have a better chance of helping you. :thbup:

And last, post pictures, and/or videos, and detailed information of your motors and equipment, what you have done so far and what you are trying to do.

Unless you can do this, I'm afraid we won't waste our time second guessing here.