1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

oculus rift de bug tool

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by f1iceman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    841Coins
    Ratings:
    +391 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5, SCN6, Motion platform, 4DOF
    not sure if many know but on the de bug tool theres a hud display that ovelays on the cv1 while you wear it and you get all the info you need while wearing the rift in any game.
    it tells you how many fps your actually running on the rift itself and also gives you a percentage read out of reserve in your system to tune your games graphics as you get a system read out and when you add graphics on a game you can see the percentage move.
    if you use dirt rally to play with this you can see what i mean in real time as dirt lets you change the graphics live and you actually see that change in the screens and the system resorces.
    fun to play with when you change some to ultra and you can learn what makes a big effect on your system so i bet some things run on ultra and dont do alot to performance if you play abit or don't make any diffrence to what you see.
    i think the aim would be to get it at plus 10% system reserve and be holding 90fps. that way if another track loads more you should be coverd for any dips and still hold the 90fps.
    if you just click the visable hud you can switch it on there.
    also same screen as the pixles res too.
    you need the sdk from the oculus site to get the de bug tool if you have not got it.
    you just open it up and leave it open for it to be working and change settings but don't close it else it will not work then.

hope this is useful ;-)

oculus-debug-toolUntitled.jpg
    • Useful Useful x 1