1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Peter's Converted 9D Vr Motion Platform

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by peter stolmeier, Oct 13, 2024 at 00:30.

1. peter stolmeier

peter stolmeier New Member

Balance:
    126Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    A few months ago I traded a fancy DeLorean model for TWO 9Dvr motion platforms.

GZZwup2XQAAepKg.png

It took a little work but I've managed to store them both in my garage, there's just enough space to store one, work on one, and park, the electric car.

20240624_171504.jpg

The one we're going to focus on today was already converted into a personal sim by someone else, (I'll never know who.) and they did an amazing job.

20240624_122748.jpg

I stripped it down to inspect the parts. Most of it is used for the original VR ride stuff, the only thing that's actually needed are the four actuators and their power. I plan to remove the non-needed things and stow my updated modern pcs in this compartment later.

GZZwbWiWgAAEky6.png GZZwZ0RWQAADtZo.png

Here's how lucky I am, there was already a configured Thanos AMC inside.

GZZxUhVXcAAnUwe.png

The previous owner had it in a sturdy cardboard box, but since I have a 3D printer I made a new case before I even fully understood the device, haha.

GZZxkhbXoAAL-no.png

I thought it was going to be a lot harder to understand and reverse engineer but the learning curve was almost non-existent. After wiring it for the 240v system the EV charger uses I was operating it right away.

It's a simple, durable, and downright elegant machine. I really like it!

I didn't know how fast I would get the hang of it, so I hadn't yet ordered a cockpit. I've got a Maranda aluminum extruded one on the way now, that I should have assembled in a day or two.

61FtRp4Sq1L._SL1500_.jpg

The plan is to assemble everything back together and actually use it, getting a feel for how best to set it up. Then strip it back down for an aesthetic refit of new paint, embedding the pc, lights, ect so I can run some twitch games in my already green garage.

This system has four actuators, three linear and one for full 360 yaw. The limner actuators work but the 360 yaw is not yet set up by the previous owner. That's something I plan to fix and hope you guys will help me.

The 9D is not a rare platform so it's my intent to help others get it to work like this, please feel free to ask any questions.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1