1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

pixmax crystal + openxr motion compensation with h6 dofreality, mods, locations?

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by markm75, Jan 19, 2024.

1. markm75

markm75 New Member

Balance:
    59Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im looking for a prefab solution to my h6 setup with a motion controller and buttkicker (either a crystal removable adapter or maybe if a g2 controller can work?), my current solution "works", but if you move the throttle levers much it causes a shake for obvious reasons.

I couldnt put the controller on the side of the frame because it gets blocked by legs/keyboard etc..

If there was a 3d print of something removable that worked better with better absorption, that would work as well.. anyone have anything or thoughts?
    edit: my photos arent showing up, i have the controller upside down velcroed to the throttle quadrant on the right front.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It has to stay central to be picked up from the headset, i guess maybe i need an antivibration solution on the quadrant but yet easily removable , or permanently mount a g2 controller if that works with the pimax in openxr with msfs?
  2. markm75

markm75 New Member

Balance:
    59Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,468Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I can't help with a 3D adapter, but my advice would be to set up the H6 to have its motion controlled via FlyPT Mover so that you can use the FlyPT virtual tracker for motion compensation. This will save any issues with losing tracking due to vibrations.

Alternatively, I know some people have had some success with thick rubber washers such as the ones you can get for the feet of a washing machine.
  4. markm75

markm75 New Member

Balance:
    59Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use srs to do movement, is this virtual tracker something special with flypt?
  5. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,468Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    As far as I am aware, SRS requires the Witmotion module to help track your rig's position, whereas FlyPt can be configured to know where the rig is based on the measurements used to set the rig up in the software. It is more complex software to set up than SRS, but is also much more configurable.
    • Informative Informative x 1