1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Quang Minh's rig

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Quang Minh, Aug 29, 2024.

1. Quang Minh

Quang Minh New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I plan to build a rig with 6 dof using smc3 and use flypt software to run. use 3 arduino uno and 6 BTS 7950 motor using motor

Moto cost is 30 usd/1 pcs
    You notice 2 pictures have 15nm while the transmission ratio is different. I calculate that the speed is 45rpm the ratio is 60:1 torque is 1.3 nm without gearbox. 1.3x60=78NM =78 kg/10cm can lift 78x6=486kg speed 0.3m/s.
    Are the parameters I calculated correct? I hope someone can answer. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Attyla.pl

Attyla.pl Member

Balance:
    523Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I think that the parameters of the motors are greatly exaggerated, this size motors, as a rule, have a specified power of about 250w and at 24V draw about 13-15A.
    What voltage do your motors have and what is the current consumption ?
  3. Quang Minh

Quang Minh New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    THIS MOTOR HAS POWER 600W, TORQUE WITHOUT GEARBOX 1.8N/M, SPEED 2700RPM. PRICE AT TAO BAO IN CHINA IS 24 USD, NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2024
  4. Quang Minh

Quang Minh New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  5. Attyla.pl

Attyla.pl Member

Balance:
    523Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    engine.png If you carefully read the table with the parameters of the motor, you will notice that its supply voltage is 36V or 48V, which is completely incompatible with the bridges you want to use BTS 7950.
    The second issue is that the speed is too high, which is 450rpm; motion platform projects use 50-80 rpm motors.
    The third issue is the BTS 7950 bridges, there is a widely discussed problem on this forum with the BTS 7950 damaging when powered by 24V, I myself damaged 8 pieces and changed the driver to https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/reasonably-priced-100a-motor-controllers.17638/
    The fourth issue if this is your first motion sim then I suggest that you look through the forum thoroughly and learn about the solutions that other users have used. Below you have an example
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/keiths-6dof-wheelchair-motors.17038/.

Question 6DOF you want to build is for race sim or flight sim ?
  6. Quang Minh

Quang Minh New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    THANKS A LOT