1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Reading back ODrive 3.6 24V Firmware

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Hindley-Milner, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Hindley-Milner

Hindley-Milner New Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have an Insecta.tech Dragonfly CV1 simulator which has never worked properly for the entire time I've had it. It is a direct drive version, with very capable screw-drive actuators. One of the primary problems is inconsistent startup, where upon turning on the sim, not all of the actuators will actually rise.

This machine has 3x ODrive 3.6 boards, and one of them in particular was giving me a lot of trouble. Upon hooking up USB to it and fiddling with odrivetool, it appears to have lost its firmware. From what I understand, this happens often on these boards, and the S1 is better. While I'm a coder, I don't have the knowledge to actually convert this to 6 S1 boards, so I'm just trying to make this setup work.

Firmware on this simulator is unique and modified from the original ODrive firmware, so I can't simply reflash the latest official firmware.

Unfortunately, communication with the original manufacturer is extremely spotty and I have not been able to get the firmware files. I do have two other working boards which should have nearly identical firmware, but I have had no luck reading back the full firmware file using DFU. It appears to only read a small chunk of it and the rest of the file is all 0s.

Would anyone know how to reliably read back the firmware from a working unit, so I can reflash it to the one that's lost its firmware (or to a replacement board)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. misoswan

misoswan Active Member

Balance:
    1,008Coins
    Ratings:
    +72 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, JRK
    hello I don't know if you solved your problem but if not write here in the forum (wickie ) he will surely help you
  3. Will974

Will974 Active Member

Industrial Ingeenering Teacher
    Balance:
    893Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,
    Indeed, you have custom firmware into your board and each firmware is linked with the serial number of the odrive board. So for me, even if you could copy the firmware, it will be impossible to operate it....

But i have the solution for you: WYBOSIMU controller.

This controller is using the last original firmware and will permit you to operate your simulator with a lot of security.

Keep you informed ;-)