1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Solved power dropping from 90ST motors for undefined time (seconds to minute)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by countocoblt, Mar 15, 2024.

1. countocoblt

countocoblt New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi all,

I am building my own custom version of the SFX-100 (custom actuators) using 90ST Vevor motors/drivers, @Thanos and flypt. All seems to go well except that at random times, the power to the drivers appear to be cut. It is as if the motors go into some alarm mode or similar. After an also random time, the motors come back online. I have measure the 220V and there appears to be power. Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Kind regards
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2024
  2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,802Coins
    Ratings:
    +471 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    how many actuators do you have ?

how much weight are they lifting ?

are they overheating ?
  3. countocoblt

countocoblt New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi

So the story thickens. In the same breaker cabinet there is a ground fault (I think that is the word) of 30mA. The rig is not on this but on the adjacent 20A breaker.
    Oddly enough we noticed nothing after the 30mA breaker was working. The GFV was still in the on position but not having any power run through it. Toggled this GFC and the breakers after it and all was back.
    So next, as everything was working, it turned on the rig for a few times. And yes, after a few toggle on and off of the rig, the run no longer wanted to power on and everything after the 30mA GFC was out.
    There are 4 motors, using a line filter. Simply turning it on and off a few times while the rig is parked, can cause this apparently.
    After toggling then30mA GFV circuit and everything behind it, rig starts as normal too. I need that 30mA GFC as there is a water pump running on the circuit after it.
  4. countocoblt

countocoblt New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    For completeness as very bad sketch of my breakerbox. From the left comes the power feed from previous breaker. The rig is on a socket on the 20A, after the 30mA GFC are 3 more circuits.
    https://ibb.co/z5877BZ
    [​IMG]
  5. countocoblt

countocoblt New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Solved by connection the rig on the same mains the computer...
    • Informative Informative x 1