1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Some questions from yet another noob

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Tommy, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Tommy

Tommy New Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that the heading of the first topic I posted in is a little improper for my questions so I start a new one.

I would like to build a motion simulator using wipermotors. I have read alot of threads for a couple of evenings now, but I still don't really know what is needed to get this working. The most important thing for me is to keep it as cheap as possible. The mechanical part shouldnt be a problem. Its the elcetronics that worries me.

Lets start with the questions then: :D

1. Regarding the electronics. Is the AVR controller + H-bridge all I need?
    2. Where can I order the components that I need? Unfortunately http://www.reichelt.de don't deliver outside Germany(under 150€) :(

3. Where can i find the latest partslist + PCB drawings? There are so many topics that I don't know which is the newest anymore.
    I found this in Christians thread. Is anything missing or are the lists complete?
    - Tronic's DIY dual Mosfet H-bridge 20€ http://www.reichelt.de/?ACTION=20;AWKID ... ROVID=2084
    - Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output 20€ http://www.reichelt.de/?ACTION=20;AWKID ... ROVID=2084

4. What should I look for when choosing wipermotors?

5. I'm thinking of making the PCB:s on my own, but do you think it will work or are the tracks too narrow?
  2. Tommy

Tommy New Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tomorrow I will go and try to find the supplies needed to make some PCB:s :) , but which pdf-file should I use? AVRmc1_5_single_DSMhb1_2b_bottom.pdf or AVRmc1_5_single_DSMhb1_3b_bottom.pdf? Do I also have to make PCB for the LCD?

I have also discussed with jandersson about the needed components and decided to ask if someone on the forum who lives in Germany could order two sets of components from http://www.reichelt.de and then send them to one of us or directly to both of us. For this we could pay for example 10€ for the trouble.

This would help us ALOT because its really hard to find all the components somewhere else! :sos:

Btw thanks for a good forum. :cheers:

Regards Tommy
  3. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tommy,

Use the DSMhb 1.2b version that has same molex motor connector as AMC1.5.
    AVRmc1_5_single_DSMhb1_2b_bottom.pdf

The DSMhb1.3b uses IDC connector that is meant to be used with the next generation AMC2.0 board (not ready yet).

I tried to use very common parts. You don't have to use the exactly same ones as the lists of www.reichelt.de
    You just have to take care that all parts are for through hole mounting and the chips are all DIP package (or DIL). I even posted part list with photos of the actual components if you need to show them to your local electronics shop and get the right parts.

If the components of these simple boards are hard to be found, imagine whats going to happen with the mew HPMhb-150A h-bridge that contains some exotic parts!!!!! :brows: Arrgggg, I don't want to think of it...

Thanos
  4. Tommy

Tommy New Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info tronicgr :cheers:

Etched the PCB:s today and this is the result:

[​IMG]

Faar from perfect but I think it will work after I removed a little more copper with a knife or something.

A couple of pics of my starting point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe I should start a project thread, but Im still not sure if I can find all the components. (PLEASE HELP)
  5. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi, if you don`t find the parts in your Country, i will help you both and order it from Reichelt and send it to you ;D . But i don`t want extramoney for this job, only that money back that i paid for. :)
  6. Tommy

Tommy New Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael N and thank you very very very much! :cheers:

It would be great if you could send the components seperately to each of us. It would also be good if you could add the LCD and the potentiometers that I will need, to the list.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the shipping might cost. Maybe you know better?

PM me your bank account and what it all will cost, if you know. I will transfer the money as soon as possible. I think it is best that jandersson and I pay you seperately.

Big thanks and best regards
    Tommy
  7. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tommy,
    should i order the Power Supply (6V) for the AMC Board too. I have THIS one and it`s OK or do you have one?
    Also from my experience I would advise you to order more (8 instead 4) of the Mosfets (IRFZ44 and IRF4905), so you have still few Mosfets as reserve ;D . At the beginning from my build of my Simulatorelectronic I also needed a few more :D , because they (mostly the IRFZ44) go very fast broken :( . Before i order, i will make a orderlist and show you how much it is all together.
    The shipping (package) from Germany to Finland/Sweden cost 8,60,-€ without insurance and 16,- € with insurance. DHL.DE
  8. Tommy

Tommy New Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael. Sounds good! No I dont have any powersupply. I thought it should have 12V, so thanks for the info. Can you add the LCD and the potis too? I tried to find them on the page but its difficult when I dont understand German.

Maybe these would work?
    http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=4; ... 895a111200
    and
    http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=2; ... 895a111200

Choose the ones you think are best.

Best regards

Tommy
  9. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    the 6V Power Supply is only for the AMC Board (control voltage) ;). For the H-Bridge and the wipermotors you need 12V (for example Carbattery or any other solution).
    I think your choosen LCD would work but i take this ONE (it`s the same but with backlight) ;).
    I`m using 1K Ohm Potentiometer 10turns . I will update the orderlist
  10. Tommy

Tommy New Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I was pretty close then :happy: