1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Supersim

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Doga Darko, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Doga Darko

Doga Darko New Member

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Who says 45 degree isnt fun
    come check this
    (also my project is 45degree:)

after this video im sure it gonna be fun :)
    waiting some missing pieces to begin.
  2. Arth2001Kubrick

Arth2001Kubrick New Member

entrepreneur
    Balance:
    32Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, 4DOF
    Hello !
    It's strange because I read everywhere and I hear everytime "less is better" about simracing. However, having been able to test a Dbox simulator, a Yaw, an Sfx-100 setup at a DIY engineer home, and very recently a 6DOF DIY inspired by Departed Reality... I felt much more immersed and physically involved in races on sims with so-called "too big movements"... the Dbox really bored me... and it costs more than 10k? 0_0
    I'm like you, I find the big inclinations much more satisfying and realistic on the G-forces when the simulator is very well adjusted.

Where are you with your project? I really hope you'll make it!
    Regards
    Arth :)
  3. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,638Coins
    Ratings:
    +254 / 1 / -0
    I think the problem isnt big motion, but false cues. For racing people mix surge and sway acceleration with pitch and roll and it gives bad false cues. Especially when the center of rotation is on the floor like dbox or sfx.

If people only used that motion cuing on docile planes nad/or actually used pitch dof for the pitch axis when racing then they could enjoy very large ranges of motion and it would be accurate!

That video above gives motion a bad name with its false cues. Fun for a rookie who has never felt motion but the user is getting terrible data about the vehicle they are driving.
    • Agree Agree x 6