1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Want to sell Yaw 2 PRO 3DOF

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by Ergotomy, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Ergotomy

Ergotomy New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello sim enthusiasts,

I would like to sell my motion simulator. It's a Yaw2 VR PRO with a PRO rotation platform, so the 3DOF PRO version.
    You can discover the product on the manufacturer's official YouTube channel called @yawvr
    It's a motion simulation platform that can be used in front of a screen, or in full immersion in Virtual Reality (VR).

Want to ride a rollercoaster but don't want to go to the other side of the world?
    Do you want to drive a Formula 1 car from the 70s on circuits that no longer exist? Or replay the real F1 season in parallel on iRacing? Or relive some incredible rally events neck and neck with Colin Mac Rae?
    Would you like to take a seaplane ride from island to island in a Caribbean archipelago?
    Want to feel like a top gun?
    Look no further than Yaw2 PRO.
    You'll need a (powerful) PC if you want to run the games in VR.

I've been very happy with this simulator, but I'm going to move on to another platform at 6DOF. So I'm reselling my Yaw2I'll be keeping most of the peripherals, with the exception of the wind kit.

As I'm mainly interested in racing simulation, I've built a solid aluminium chassis, because the solutions proposed by the manufacturer were far too flexible. Especially the bottom bracket, when you use a loadcell brake pedal. The aluminium frame I designed offers impeccable robustness, without limiting any of the simulator's rotational movements. It's totally adaptable to your needs/size, and the rear part of the frame allows you to offset the counterweights, so you use fewer of them than with the manufacturer's solution. It's also where I was going to put a harness tensioner.

Price of the imported simulator (Hungary)
    2 DOF Yaw2 PRO edition + PRO rotation platform: €3800
    LED gaming chair €185
    4-point safety harness €50
    Import VAT (Hungary) €800
    Postage and packing €400

Price of accessories
    SRS Hurricane wind simulator €350
    Made-to-measure aluminium profile frame €590
    Wireless solution for connecting peripherals to the PC €130
    That's a total cost of €6,300 if you bought it new today, with no guarantee of delivery date.

Today I'd like to sell it for €5,000.

That's a saving of over €1300, with the added bonus of accessories and, best of all, you can have it straight away, without waiting months... they're on pre-order at the moment, and given the rate at which they're shipping them, if you order today you might not get it under the Christmas tree (I waited 18 months for mine...).
    The price is for the whole set, I'm selling the whole set, not individual parts.

Play area, dimensions and load:
    In terms of dimensions, it's suitable for young and old alike, everything is adjustable thanks to the aluminium frame. If you plan to use the 360º rotation, the footprint is a 2.40m circle. If you're not planning to rotate the simulator at all, you'll need to allow for a length of 2.10 metres and a width of 1.20 metres.

The manufacturer claims a payload of 130kg, but given that this is a pro model, it can move a heavier load, as long as the weight is well distributed.

This simulator is in excellent condition, I've taken great care of it and it's always been used with care. As it's a double 'pro' unit, it's very powerful.
    I've never had to run it at more than 30-40% of its maximum power. I would not recommend mounting it at more than 50% without securing it to the floor.

I don't ship it, it can be removed on site.
    It is possible to come and test it on site, in Thonon les bains, 40 min from Geneva. If you are convinced, I will ask for payment by instant bank transfer on site, no cheques, cashier's cheques or cash.
    I'll dismantle it with you and help you load it into your vehicle (plan on a van/station wagon without a back seat).

Kisses, if you've read this far ;-)
    max - Moyenne.jpeg right - Moyenne.jpeg pedal tray - Moyenne.jpeg left - Moyenne.jpeg max roll.jpg max pitch.jpg
  2. Ergotomy

Ergotomy New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF