1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

We have problems with Facebook

Discussion in 'Forum and Website' started by RaceRay, Sep 15, 2013.

1. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,858Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,994 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi guys,

as you probably noticed we are moved to a new url xsimulator.net. Unfortunately this url is blocked from facebook due to unknown reason*, so we cannot post and share it there. If there is someone with a Facebook account i appreciate it when you try to share the new url xsimulator.net there.

This will not work but than you are able to tell FB that the link is secure. Maybe that helps us to be unblocked asap.

You could write something like:

• What did you try to post?
      Told my friends the new location of XSimulator

• If you were blocked while trying to share a link, copy and paste the entire URL here:
      http://www.xsimulator.net

• Please explain why you think this was an
      Its an error because the website is safe.
      The new page is a few days old and there is no malicious content on it
    *seems that the new url is blocked by FB because the preowner used it for a spammy website:(

Thank you very much!

Yours,
    René

facebook.PNG fb2.PNG
  2. Mckey1988

Mckey1988 Member

Anlagenmechaniker Für Sanitär , Heizung ,Klimatech
    Balance:
    287Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the old Page was not Locked why the new page?
  3. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,858Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,994 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    The community is grown in the last years to a international brand. It was a logical result to switch over to a language neutral international domain for better search rankings and brand effect. (I also intend to move more away from the other x site) The owner of xsimulator.com wanted me to pay 20.000$ so i decided to buy the .net domain. My fault: I did not check the backlinks and preowner of xsimulator.net.

Personally i dont care much about Facebook but some user could, and when they want to share our site, its getting difficult for them.
  4. Mckey1988

Mckey1988 Member

Anlagenmechaniker Für Sanitär , Heizung ,Klimatech
    Balance:
    287Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    but achso the old page remains which still exist or not?
  5. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,188Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,160 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Ich denke nicht; es ist uns un.

Sorry, I mix my English and Deutsch grammar horribly when I try to speak auf Deutsche.

Done and Done. That might be the first time I have used my Facebook account in at least three years ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,858Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,994 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @Historiker Maybe this has been the only good reason in three years for using it:)
    Do you speak german?

@Mckey1988 it remains until now, but medium dated it will be closed completely. The old website sucks, from technology and the content is completely outdated:)
  7. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,188Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,160 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I had two years in the university and three months intensive course in Gottingen in 2008. Which means that I know enough to butcher both English and Deutsch ;)

I have trouble following conversations but I can piece them together. My real issue with with memorizing vocabulary; too many words that I either cannot remember the meaning of or do not know.
    • Like Like x 1