1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

AMC-AASD15A servo controller

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Thanos, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,765Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    PA: Don't drink and drive!!! Unless you just finished building your sim rig and celebrating!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thinqer77

Thinqer77 New Member

Balance:
    8Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2024
  3. Thinqer77

Thinqer77 New Member

Balance:
    8Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. Thinqer77

Thinqer77 New Member

Balance:
    8Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I just updated my AMC AASD15a to the latest firmware (fix8), as i was interested in the pullback adjustments and the ability to turn off the motors/power when in the park position. I have a 3DOF eRacing-Labs with 4 x 150mm actuators (RS Mega+) with 4 AASD15A servo drivers (80ST-M02430). For software I use SRS on Win11.

1. I don't understand the pullback options I think. My understanding is that it can finetune the bottom position of the rig, so that the motors are not constantly applying torque to hold the rig a few mm above absolute bottom, or pressing down against the hardstop. I have understood that dn002 on the servo drivers will show the applied live torque of each motor. So, based on the video I saw of this feature from @Thanos, I set all axis to 75mm pullback, as it looked like he had the same actuators in his video.
    That produced these torque numbers:
    FL 17, FR 18, RL -10, RR -4.

Ok, not bad i guess, but I could hear the motors engaging constantly so changed values to see if that helped. Adjusted all axis individually (did not us the copy to all axis function as I saw a post in the GitHub claiming that function did not sett the pullback for all axis properly, so sticking to setting each axis.) to 100 and got the following numbers:
    FL 13, FR 17, RL, -7, RR, -3.

The i tried 200 as that was the default prior this feature being adjustable, and that produced these numbers:
    FL9, FR 17, RL, -7, RR -3.

I found these numbers changing with the settings, but not in a consistent manner I was expecting. Also, the rig does not seem to alter the park position relative to the bottom hardstop no matter shat setting I use for pullback. It always seams to have the front a few mm above the hardstop like it always has had (one of the main reasons I wanted to adjust this was to get rid of the front falling a few mm when i cut power.)

Am I missing something here? Can somebody explain the pullback feature better? For example, increasing the pullback number should "lift" the rig, correct? And increase torque (or lessen a negative torque number)? But I increased from 75->100->200 and got decreasing positive numbers for the FR and FL actuators...

2. Turning of power in park position. I tired this, and it does cut power, but something weird happens afterwards. If the rig has been in the parking position for more than the defined timeout minutes (tried both 10 and 2 min), it does cut power. But when I then actuated the rig again, either via the buttons on the AMC or entering a game or test in SRS, it lifts to the STBY position (50%). But when it then goes to the parking position again it does not seem to stop, the actuators continue to try and drive the rig down against the hardstops! The first time it happened I could hear the actuators creaking and cracking, and my heart almost stopped! But luckily, it was probably just parts settling against the pressures, as the next time it happened there was significantly less noise. Both times all the servo drivers gave the AL-06 code, which I have not been able to find, but assume is a safety feature to prevent damage, or similar.
    Is almost looks like the AMC does not know the actuator position after a power down using this new feature, and somehow thinks that the park position is much lower than it is.
    For now I have turned off this feature, but hoping for a solution, as turning of the power and getting rid of some of the motor noise when the rig is in the park position would be nice...
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Alexandre Martel

Alexandre Martel New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi Folks!
    I'm having an issue with the AMC-AASD15 I've just setup on my 6dof rig. I'm pretty sure I've nailed everything except for calibration, which is totally out of whack and I think I know why, maybe you guys could help me out. I'm assuming that the controller expects to find the inductive switches at the bottom end of the rig, when it's at its minimum travel. However mine is the opposite! I've based my design on @knaufinator's.

That being said there are all sorts of issues pertaining to my switches location. I've made my way around by reversing motors direction within the software, however the AMC still operates in reverse from the switches position. This messes up my calibration and haven't been able to match the position and range with that of FlyPT.

On another hand, when it calibrates upon initialization, the swing arms are all going in the opposite directions so they make a full turn going down, then up to the switches, almost 270deg. I hope you guys understand...

Is there any way to instruct the AMC about the switches being up top? Biggest issue right now is that I'm not even close to match the ranges from software to hardware.

Best regards!
    Alex

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2024
  7. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,765Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Been busy, so just a quick video for now.. must have a break for fun right?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,765Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    No need to use limit switches etc. just create a hard stop to the bottom side of the travel:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/T-_AlPX6hz8?si=q4vq8rnNs9hX2Ud8