1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Guerra8888

Guerra8888 New Member

Balance:
    380Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Hi, greetings to all from Spain, I hope to learn and share experiences here... thanks for keeping this community.
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. 87944turbo

87944turbo New Member

Balance:
    354Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Excited to find this site. So far have been racing in real life with chumpcar and lemons.

Just tried iracing this weekend and love it! Really think it needs motion though for realism so wound up here.

Looking forward to putting a rig together. Thanks in advance for all the contributions!
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    49,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,076 / 18 / -0
    Welcome @87944turbo

Lot's of good ideas floating around the forums!
    yobuddy
  5. avkend

avkend New Member

Balance:
    318Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, SimforceGT, Motion platform
    Hey. Very interested in your project. I think he has a great future! I hope I will be successful in this project!
  6. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,426Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,684 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Welcome @87944turbo , Iracing comes alive with motion, after playing with motion I cant drive without it, just doesnt feel right, lol. Plenty of ideas and helpful people to get you started in any fashion or form.

Welcome @avkend , another member for the Arduino club, more that use it the better its becoming for everybody, you will find the Arduino guys very friendly, open and helpful, Have fun, I have faith that your project will be successful with the Ard guys pointing ya in the right direction.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
  8. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hi everyone my name is Domenic I live in Bega NSW Australia.
    I bought a simulator from David (bsft) 2DOF machine.
    I got my Ferrari Simulator added the front of mine , and rear of David’s Simulator .
    To make one, I had to build a new base, and spray paint it,
    and ad some modifications .
    I am now learning how to use Sims tools, and how to assign everything , and getting the games to work to my likening.
    I want to thank David (bsft) and Robert Lindsay (eaorobbie) for all there help, I don’t think ,I could got as far as I have, without them .
    You can see I had to make a base, to get the height I needed, The only thing Needed to finish ,is to add some Ferrari stickers on the bottom section, to match up with top section ,Stickers are on ordered waiting on delivery.
    I have added some picture of my simulator, and the making of it, thanks Domenic
    My New simulator.JPG my old sim with no motion.JPG what i bought from dave.jpg I used bricks to get right height.JPG My new Simualator 3.JPG My new Simulator 2.JPG I used bricks to get right height.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Top Job there!
  10. DDU

DDU New Member

Balance:
    908Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hey guys

I joined about a month ago and have been busy reading on & off...

I have to say, this is a top forum with a bunch of friendly people eager to help and a lot of info. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I have no knowledge of racing sims (or any other sims for that matter), so I hope you guys can bear with me as I stumble along.

Luckily I have a workshop with the tools required to complete most jobs, so hopefully the build won't be a problem. I also have a lot of stuff that I hope to use, including an Arduino and a monster moto shield from a previous project.

BTW, the sim is for my kids. But after seeing all the vids on you tube, I think I'll be building one for myself after I finish theirs LOL!

Eug
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, you are in the
    Welcome, you are in the right place, there are a few of us in Australia here so ask as you need to.
    I suggest control boards on these http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1393 no code to write, simple setup ,one per motor.
    and these motors http://www.motiondynamics.com.au/worm-drive-motor-12v-24v-200w-180-rpm-20nm-torque.html with pots mounted on the motor shaft.
    If you have a dig through the threads, there is plenty of ideas for builds.
    Cheers, David.
    P.S. I have a sim that is adjustable for my kids and for me.
    So building one is feasable.
  12. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,722Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,322 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi @DDU and welcome!
    LOL, me too. I bought a steering wheel for the kids, was disappointed by the game immersion, thought about connecting the rumble effect to the chair in our office and … after a while ended up with a new hobby and a huge installation in my garage :) :D ;)
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep, know how that feels
    Heres my adjustable sim vids
    Big kid playing

no so big kid playing

And its for sale!
  14. ronefraga

ronefraga para brincar tem que ter brinquedo

Balance:
    231Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    ola sou novo no site e gostaria de compartilha ezperiencias com amigos ,pois irei comecar meu projeto não sei ao certo como ficara mas espero ajuda dos menbros para realizar meu projeto .
    nome: Rone fraga
    objetivo ter um brinquedinho em casa para relaxar
  15. Silverfox

Silverfox New Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hi my name is Dany Savard.
    French Canadian.
    So pardon me for my bad english.

I'm a Flight Simmer (DCS and FlightSimulator).
    I'm owner of Arduino, so I try to interact with my favorite game and my arduino.
    So, I start here.

Thanks for your software and plugin.
    I hope showing you something in the future ...

Dan
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  16. DDU

DDU New Member

Balance:
    908Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks for the suggestions, Dave. Those look like good choices and I may go down that path.

But before I do, I'm going to try to get the Arduino and the monster moto shield working, seeing as I already have them here. It looks like the monster moto uses the same VNH2SP30 motor driver chips as the jrk 12v12 motor controller that you linked to (and it has 2 of them). I'm actually wondering why so few builds are using them? Maybe I'm missing something, but at about $25, it looks like it would make for a very capable, low cost 2 motor driver....

I also have a couple of Preslite worm gear motors, one used to operate the wipers on an HZ ute, the other is much newer, from a garage door opener that was replaced under warranty. Not sure how they will last, but I may as well try them out.
  17. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,189Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,160 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi DDU,

Many builds use the Arduino and Monster Moto drivers.

RacingMat used them on his 2DoF platform, Merchan-e used them on his 6DoF platform as well. I have two of them on my 6DoF project (well, I will as soon as the second one arrives).

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Some links to Arduino codes that work with the Monster Moto:

Prilaids code: http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/arduino-uno-duemilanove-2dof-firmware.4564/

RacingMat's code: http://www.xsimulator.net/2dof-motion-simulator-truck-wiper-motor-playseat/

RufusDufus' code:
    http://www.xsimulator.net/community...3dof-motor-driver-and-windows-utilities.4957/

18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wipers will do as a start, but may chew out the gears eventually. Still , give them a thrashing!
    Historiker has posted links to Ard codes for you
    Not everyone is "code" literate , goodness knows I am not. I use the JRKS for simplicity and I am hopeless at writing codes, let alone implementing to current ones.
    I use what works for me.
  19. DDU

DDU New Member

Balance:
    908Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks for the reply Historiker

I uploaded Prilads firmware to the Arduino, but couldn't get the Monster moto to work. I asked Prilad about it and he replied that his current firmware does not work with a Monster moto. :(

So next on the list is RacingMat's code. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow.
  20. DDU

DDU New Member

Balance:
    908Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I know what you mean Dave. I'm definitely not code literate, but willing to give it a go and maybe learn something. There's several versions of the code floating around, so it's not like I have anything to lose. If it doesn't work out, I'll buy the jrks and move on.
    • Like Like x 1