1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Compact, Budget 6-ish DOF g-seat with integrated motion using office chair - Copy Build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by miketunes, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Jumping Coin

Jumping Coin Member

Balance:
    460Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    You got it! :)
  2. miketunes

miketunes Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Ok, so I tested the left one and it's most tight at 93. Where do I enter that 93 number, is that in the Arduino code or in the simtool software? Currently have 0,120 in the code. Or should I be physically taking off the arm and aligning it with 100?
  3. Jumping Coin

Jumping Coin Member

Balance:
    460Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    It should be tightest at the end of the spectrum, i.e. 100 or -100. If it's not, then consider either:

1) repositioning the physical servo arm so that you take advantage of the full 180 degrees (even though it's a 270 degree servo, only 180 are useful for this use case)
    or
    2) change the 0, 120 range in the Arduino code so that the arm stops where it provides maximum pull. The begin and end points should still have about 120 difference between them, although sometimes it might be slightly less or more depending on the servo's built-in accuracy. (This is where 270 degree servos are useful; with a 180 degree servo, you'd only have option 1, since a 180 degree servo would already be operating at full range. With a 270 degree servo, you have more wiggle room, literally, lol.)
  4. miketunes

miketunes Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    I'm physically moving the arm - my left is maximized at 0, while right is maximed at 100.
    Would I just swap the numbers in the ardino code like this?

//Set range of position (i.e. servo range from 0 to 180)
    const int kActuatorScale[kActuatorCount][3] = {
    {0, 120},
    {120, 0},
    {0, 120},
    //limit spin scale to ensure uniformity for left and right based on position relative to seat
    };
  5. Jumping Coin

Jumping Coin Member

Balance:
    460Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I think so, but the only way to be sure is to experiment with it, and see how it goes. Good luck!
  6. miketunes

miketunes Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Still working on alignment, do these numbers look correct for starting positions? Axis1, 2, and 4 are all at maximum slack with the test settings simtools.
    upload_2024-4-15_16-27-59.png