1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom DIY 2 DOF + traction loss + belt tensioner + Active pedal (arcade game style)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by hoyang, Mar 11, 2018.

1. hoyang

hoyang handyman

Bricoleur
    Balance:
    1,301Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    new project in progress:
    active pedal.
    20240514_165000.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. John Snell

John Snell Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    The pedal looks incredible. Looking forward to learning how if feels once you have it running
  3. hoyang

hoyang handyman

Bricoleur
    Balance:
    1,301Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. hoyang

hoyang handyman

Bricoleur
    Balance:
    1,301Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello everyone, I will need your opinion on how my seat works. my seat equipped with 2 different systems to try to obtain the most realistic effect possible. The belt tensioner is equipped with two motors each with a force of 2.4Nm to obtain a sway and surge effect. The seat is equipped with two subwoofers (one in the back and one under the seat) and 2 speakers (7.1 rear game sounds) to create a constant vibration of RPMs and road vibrations. The feeling for me is not bad but I wonder about the effect of the belt on the body during the effects. on the surge when I brake, should the belt pin me to the bottom of the seat or release me towards the steering wheel? . on the sway the belt should pull me towards the inside of the turn or towards the outside?. thank you.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  5. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

Tech Artist
    Balance:
    7,701Coins
    Ratings:
    +887 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Try the belt tensioner one way, then play a bit. Reverse it and play again. You'll see which one you prefer. I never had a belt tensioner, but I would make it pull on me on break. Like a pushing plate in you seat would push on you at acceleration.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. John Snell

John Snell Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I think it should pull you into the back of the seat to give the feeling that you being thrown forwards into the seatbelt

I'd say the outside
    • Like Like x 1
  7. hoyang

hoyang handyman

Bricoleur
    Balance:
    1,301Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    active pedal V2: replacement of the magnetic encoder with a mechanical encoder and modification of the parts for better inclination.
    20240702_220128.jpg
    • Like Like x 1