1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
Wagnard

Elite Dangerous Horizons/Odyssey Plugin (XML edition) Odyssey 18.08

Elite Dangerous Horizons/Odyssey

1. Roons

Roons New Member

Balance:
    - 34Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @Wagnard ! I'm using Odyssey at the moment.

Do you have additional details on the logic you use in SimTools?
  2. Wagnard

Wagnard Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,779Coins
    Ratings:
    +647 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    From what I remember, there is always some SRV value pushed (roll and pitch) when we are in the ship. (main cause of the issue you are seeing,
    In my plugin I did a variable "useSRV = false" at a beginning of the values check loop.
    Then I gather the SHIP movement values and add then together.
    If the sum = 0 I set "useSRV = true", so my plugin assume we are in SRV.
    I then get the SRV movement values and make the sim moves
    After that , that logic repeat again.

I never really found a pointers that work perfectly for the SRV, only ever got this one.

Not quite sure why you get a movement on the menu. On my end the pointer are either 0 or empty for both Ship & SRV.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,779Coins
    Ratings:
    +647 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    It's possible the issue you are having is because the pointers are not perfect too.
    It's not a perfect science. On some systems it could behaving differently.