1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

F1 like 3DOF Simulator with heave

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by _cOdaC_, Jun 25, 2024.

1. _cOdaC_

_cOdaC_ Member

Balance:
    197Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Perfect, that was my idea as well, have them ready to be used. Especially on the parts that have to deal with movement I use self-locking nuts and loctite for the screws that go into threads.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sebastian2

Sebastian2 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @_cOdaC_
    I might have gotten lost in translation, too, so please forgive me if I misunderstood something. To me it looks like you have not held on of those ball joints in your hand and you don't really know that the "inner" part (the "ball") of the ball joint can freely rotate around the axis if the hole. Please see the attached pictures.

-----

No lubricant is needed here. The screw doesn't turn inside the lever or inside of the "ball" part of the ball joint. Instead, the ball turns inside the joint. See section above and attached pics.

-----

Correct. I'm a little confused about the "only", though. What else could be done to secure a screw, besides tightening a nut? Are you talking about counter-nuts, self-locking nuts, loctite etc. or is this about something else?

------

This shouldn't be much of an issue. You could use a threaded rod to connect the ball joint to the brackets (like I did) and use firmly tightened nuts to hold everything in place. The friction from the nuts should easily be strong enough to keep the rod in place, even though the hole is not circular.

-----

You correctly assumed that my screenshots were from using Simtools v2. If you want you can use that version too. As far as I know, the Simtools license allows you to use any version of simtools.

Lately I made the switch to Simtools v3. As I had some experience with v2 I had almost no trouble in dealing with the slightly different UI. But I understand that those small differences can turn into struggles if you are new to the topic.

I could provide screenshots of my settings for general aviation or combat flying games if that would help.

-----

Yes, I'm glad I could help!

Attached Files: