1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT 6DOF/Stewart/Hexapod Interface for linear and rotating actuators

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, Jan 2, 2019.

1. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    678Coins
    Ratings:
    +155 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    In profiles i have downloaded traction loss is just a cubic function on yaw rotation speed. Between the green lines nothing happens, but once you go past it, the rig will yaw and it will feel like traction loss. If your car is able to make very tight turns you might hit the limit.
    You can widen the area by changing the cubic parameter (green) , make it move more (orange) and how fast (blue)

upload_2023-10-20_8-21-23.png
    EMALP(EMALP(LOGISTIC(CUBIC3(VALUE;0.00005);15;2);50);50)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. SprungNickel

SprungNickel New Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    long shot question from lurker, first time poster. I have the opportunity to try a 6DOF Stewart platform linear actuator 1610 ballscrew 300mm travel that is running FlyPT with an ACC profile.
    I'd like to bring my PC and controls, to hook up to the rig. I'd install FlyPT on my PC. hook up Thanos AMC etc... in order to try MSFS 2020. I have all that setup on my PC, VR etc...
    How far away from making this work am I? Is there a profile that can be shared as a baseline for this config in the community?
  3. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    678Coins
    Ratings:
    +155 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Not far.. open up my attached msfs profile and then import the rig from ACC profile. delete my rig entry and then just go thru the poses and outputs to make sure they use the new rig. you can get it all working in the 3d viewer and when it's behaving properly, go plug into the 6dof

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. SprungNickel

SprungNickel New Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thank you Smitty. I like your Vids by the way.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SprungNickel

SprungNickel New Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Got it to work.... I started building my frame and ordered my actuators. picking out a AASD controller. M4S or Thanos. Seems M4S has edge with 32bit processor and higher resolution control of the actuators.
  6. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Balance:
    91Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I was looking at the horizontal double circular hexapod setup, and not sure in what situation this setup would be chosen. Are there any photos of real-world setups like this?
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,355Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Double

Simple

In a double you can cross arms giving you more range

Edit: saw a real double rotary, but can't find the video right now

2nd edit: Take a look at this paper: https://www.researchgate.net/profil...A-new-rotary-hexapod-for-micropositioning.pdf
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 23:00