1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

Ok. Now the question is how do I apply it to flypt. I have made a setup and I am trying to only work out one axis at the moment and recreate that effect only in the pitch axis.

So taking in example Live for Speed. I would like to rotate my rig around the pitch axis to reacreate the force that the longitudinal acceleration data of LFS is giveing me. When i accelerate i get as data from the game a value of 12 m/s2 both positive and negative in case i am either speding up or slowing down. How do i setup flypt to get those value and translate them to degree per second or RPM for the motor assuming that i will need to feel the force at around 1.3 meters away from the center of the axis?
  2. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    @pmvcda perhaps, when you release a new version, you could start a new thread? It sounds like the version is going to be different enough that 176 pages of previous versions will be harder for people to find answers.

Thanks for you hard work.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dureiken

dureiken Active Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 2 / -0
    Hi

thanks a lot. I have an ESP32 and Arduino as well, working perfectly with Wled project. Would you have a code to share for interfacing ptmover and arduino/esp32 ? thanks
  4. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,124Coins
    Ratings:
    +338 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Only one axis is an excellent strategy.
    look first on the fig.1 picture form this link to mentally visualize what you’ll try to do :

https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/12/19/9473

in mover “tilt coordination” is made through “mix surge in pitch” feature. Don’t forget to put there ema LPF of second or third order. That’s crucial for the gradual smooth transition.
  5. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    I think I am starting to get it. I think I also manage to translater the force correctly. Now I am facing the problem that I cannot rotate the rig more then 180. How can I remove the limit?
  6. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,355Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    That is on the hardware side.
    You need to make the hardware follow the shortest distance not go back.
    I mean to go from 175º to -175º the hardware should know that 10º is less than 350º so it keeps moving in the direction that goes over the 180º and not go back.
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,355Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Not yet. After the release I think I will order some leds to make it.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Ok. Not sure how to implement it but i will have a look. Is it not a problem that flypt cannot do that? I mean if i look at the visual representation of the movent in the 3d preview the rig just get stucked in place when it reaches 180 or -180. I doesn't keep rotating. I can see the value though increasing above those angles.
  9. Redtail

Redtail New Member

Electrical field
    Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi FlyPT/pmvcda,
    Thanks for all of your hard work on this amazing program! It has really opened up my world of possibilities in my new rig (PT-Actuator 6DOF). I'm learning a lot as I experiment with profiles shared by this incredible group of users. I've always enjoyed electronics, PCs and tweaking things, so this is the kind of flexibility that I appreciate.

So far, I've only tried DCS since that is my primary use of motion and VR. So here's my noob question.

I wanted to get a slight kick in the rig (surge) when I advance my throttle over the afterburner detent to feel the added thrust. I managed to get a satisfactory result by adding a joystick pose (to one of the DCS profiles I found here). Playing with the washout, intensity, range and smoothness settings.

It's ok, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to get the afterburner effect from DCS telemetry for a more realistic approach, instead of a simulated method that I'm using? I checked the DCS telemetry in the (F/A-18 and F-15 but didn't see anything relating to AB). Also read most of the 176 pages here and didn't find any info.

Thanks for your help!
  10. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,355Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

I'm so immersed in other Mover problems (and the new version) right now that I might be giving some wrong info.
    I think we don't have afterburner info on the script. And I think it's not something we get in a easy way.
    The idea I have is that we need scripts specific for each plane to get some of the values.
    If anyone has a way of getting that data, please tell me. I will add it to the next release.

So you are limited just to the acceleration variation given by the afterburner.

To use it, make a new pose.
    In surge use acceleration, increase the gain and use a high pass filter to feel that variation of acceleration.
    You can use the other dofs to add some noise over the same filter you have in the surge.
    I think that way you might get that feeling, but if you change the acceleration suddenlly for another reason, the effect is going to happen also.
  11. Redtail

Redtail New Member

Electrical field
    Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'll give that a try and experiment to see what I can come up with. Sounds interesting, but I see your point about what would happen during acceleration for another reason, such as diving (without afterburner). The joystick pose method might be better until we get AB telemetry (if ever), but you've given me something to play with :thumbs

Thank you!
  12. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have a PT Actuator (ish) rig, I do get a kick in the surge when I go afterburner in DCS. I will check my setting the next time I am in the simpit and let you know.
  13. Redtail

Redtail New Member

Electrical field
    Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I appreciate it! In the current profile that I'm using, I believe I get extra motion (surge/pitch mix) when going into afterburner (I'm not at my rig at the moment), but it's not the kick that I'm looking for.

I'm not even sure if there is an actual kick IRL, but it's nice to have in the sim :)

I'd be interested in your overall settings for DCS, thanks!

BTW, I have a nice model of your avatar in my mancave :grin
  14. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have an idea...here...hold my beer...
  15. Redtail

Redtail New Member

Electrical field
    Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    You flew military aircraft IRL?
  16. robjos1

robjos1 Member

Flying about
    Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Excellent work @pmvcda, the new version is looking pretty special. Just a quick one, fairly sure the answer is yes because of variables but is it possible on the new mover to add filters to the pose by RPM function. It has a nasty low rpm shake whenever loading into or exiting from a vehicle as the rpm drops to zero. I need enough rotation/translation to feel effects at idle rpm but between zero and idle is pretty rough. Thanks
  17. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hi guys... I have a problem:
    I'm trying to use FlyPt on a recently installed PC (Win11 23H2) but when I open FlyPt I get this error:
    6f793a64-c1c4-442b-990d-7ccacef8a0bc.jpg 56e84b9c-6fd7-401a-80d5-3e3e9cc2842d.jpg 68c7d08a-5ab6-41b3-bda8-fd54346e720d.jpg

if I try to select 'continue' the software starts but 'UI' and 'CA' remain fixed at 0.0
    If I try to load a profile it apparently loads it but when I connect the button stays solid yellow and never turns red.
    Trying to open the profile (after having set the options to open .mover files with FlyPt), the software starts but only the main screen is empty without actually loading the profile.
    The .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 appear to be installed.
    Trying the program on another apparently identical machine, FlyPt mover works perfectly.
    Can you help me?
  18. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    I modified the code on arduino to be able to get past 360. Now I think the problem still remain with flypt. In the screenshot below I try to manually set the simulator to go over +180 in one direction. The problem is that once I pass the 180 flypt does't send any signal anymore to the hardware but it is stucked at it's limit of 255 bit or 180°. Not sure how to pass the data to arduino from here.

Here the screenshot:

upload_2024-2-17_13-44-3.png
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,355Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Do you have a multichannel audio installed?
    The problem might be there.
    Try to remove the transducer module from the setup if you have if
    • Like Like x 1
  20. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,355Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,233 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Why do you have a gain of 2 in the pitch?
    Please remove it.
    When a game sends pitch, it will come from -180 to 180 (and even that is not correct it should be -90 to 90).
    • Like Like x 1