1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Would anyone be willing to share their Dirt Rally 2.0 and Automobilista 2 file for a 4 actuator rig (SFX100)?

Thanks!
  2. stil550

stil550 Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Just noticed another issue with MSFS. Been tweaking ground handling. Using "Longitudinal Accel." with or without gravity for the Surge. The issue is that I am getting constant increase in value for Long Accel. from just the throttle increase, but without the aircraft actually moving (still stationary when I'm holding it with brakes).

Could this be fixed or maybe a suggested work-around?

I use Long. Accel on my pitch axis (3dof, 4 actuator) to simulate acceleration and braking. However with the aircraft pitching upwards while stationary, by me increasing the throttle before I let go of the brakes is distracting. I can see the nose actually pitching down on suspension, under the load, but I'm getting the reverse of that on my motion rig.

Long. Accel also does not go into negative values when braking it seems, so have to use a High Pass to get the difference to have the rig dive under braking. Works ok, but I was hoping to just get a pos/neg Acceleration value to tie directly to the Pitch.

Been cracking my head over this for the whole day today. The best I could come up with was to use Longitudinal Speed, cropping it, and then having a High Pass filter on it so that it dives under braking, even if the speed value is still positive. This works ok, however when taking off with a positive value in my pitch on the ground, and when it switches to the AIR pose, which uses Acceleration for the AIR and would have a value close to 0 at that point, that produces a sharp change from positive to a zero value, which bumps the rig forward as soon as I'm off the ground.

This is for A2A's Comanche, haven't tested it on any other airplane to be honest, I'm hoping it is not some weird 3rd party content compatibility issue...
    I'm attaching the file if anyone is interested in taking a look.

I think I got a really sweet motion for my rig with this profile, its just this one thing that is bugging me with it currently.

The end-result I'm trying to achieve is simple lifting and diving of the rig under acceleration and braking, without the rig moving from throttle changes, while the aircraft is stationary.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    First of all, THANKS!!! @pmvcda for sharing this amazing software for free, I can't even start to imagine the amount of work that you have put into it, it seems so complex and yet even though there's definitely a learning curve, you still did it in a very user friendly way, honestly I'm impressed. Was this your thesis work or something? just curious to know what made you create such a complex software.

After a few hours of mostly trial an error to learn how things work I think I'm very close to finish my settings for Dirt Rally 2 for a classic SFX100 rig, just need to test it in VR now. I normally have to lower the input gain quiet a bit though, not sure if this is recommended or I should instead lower the output gain, but I find it useful to eliminate some noise/spikes that create unwanted vibrations, increasing EMALP adds lag so I find it to be a good combination.

One question, for RPMs is there a way to make it less harsh? I've tried rotational vibration 0.1 and transitional vibration 1.0 but still feels quite harsh. Also what type of motor should I use, longitudinal inline?

Thanks again, I'm loving your software and how much we can customize it to our liking, really appreciate it and looking forward to your next release to use it with EA WRC.

Cheers.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Current version, no.
    New release has Zusi added:
    upload_2024-6-5_18-3-30.png
  5. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    hmm, maybe because I'm crazy... It was done for leisure, I wanted/want to experiment with the rig.

On the new release I have a new feature to adjust motion on the fly with two controls. Still fine tuning it.
    You can assign a joystick control/keyboad key/midi control(that's a new one) for that.
    Imagine adjusting bass and treble...

The rpm module generates pose movements related to the motor orientation.
    A flat motor has opposed cylinders, so the idea is to move in sway direction.
    Just follow the direction of the pistons. A V motor has rotations besides translations.
    On the new release I changed some things. Honestlly, I'm so deep in the new one I have a hard time remembering of the old/current Mover version.

By the way, been playing with the midi input and transducers. It's been fun.
    With midi we can have up to: 128 keys, 128 pressure sensitive keys, 128 controls (7 bits) and 16 controls (14 bits).
    We loose the state, but well used it's a new world to control Mover
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Marco Annunziata

Marco Annunziata Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF

If you need a beta tester, count on me, I make myself available for any help :)
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Almost...

upload_2024-6-5_18-26-59.png

Midi in action
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Does anyone have a suggestion to eliminate some of the noise and make the signal as smooth as possible?

I'm 90% there with my DR2 settings but noticed that surge for example feels a bit "grainy", it's not a smooth pitch movement. I've tried EMALP(EMALP) and increasing samples and lowering output gain and it's better but the range is lower and there is still a bit of noise. Three EMALPs add too much lag I feel. Also tried things like EMALP(LOGISTIC) but still I can't figure out a way to make the signal smooth for surge and get a good quick response with good range of movement but without the grainy feel. It feels like the movement of the actuators is not loose and there is something putting resistance or friction (which I assume is the noise in the signal)

Is there any suggestions of another filter that I could try? or in general, what's the best way to go for smoothing the signal and eliminate noise?

Thanks!

Edit: I think EMALP(LOGISTIC) is giving me the best result so far, higher values for EMALP and playing with the LOGISTIC parameters are giving me a pretty smooth response
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
  9. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,124Coins
    Ratings:
    +338 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Thats seems like a very old issue that was corrected long time ago. If it's still there it's a pure disgrace from asobo team.
  10. stil550

stil550 Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    It sure is, at least for the A2A's Comanche. I cannot do much with the acceleration variable, as it only gives me positive values, and looks to be connected to the throttle, rather than the actual acceleration of the aircraft.
    I wasn't aware that it was a MSFS issue, I thought something got cross-wired in FlyPT.

I would imagine longitudinal acceleration would be one of the primary variables to use in any motion system, how are other people dealing with this now? I can't imagine I'm the only one seeing this issue.
  11. hexpod

Balance:
    7,124Coins
    Ratings:
    +338 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Is this happening only with this particular aircraft or you notice similar issue with some others as well?
  12. Spoofy

Spoofy New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi i use the 2dof rig at the moment for my sim rig pitch and roll.

i would like to add a 3rd motor for yaw or traction loss is there any way of doing this.

many thanks Paul
  13. Spoofy

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi does anybody know how to conect simtools 2 to Flypt mover,
    iv tryed but flypt wont conect?

Many thanks Paul
  14. Spoofy

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi

anybody know where i can get the simtools 2 plugin for Flypt mover

Thanks Paul
  15. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Unfortunately the Comanche is like this. I had asked on the A2A forum and i happened to find an A2A dev on another discord.. Apparently it "has to be that way", for whatever reasons. The stock F/A18 is like that too, which makes catapult launches not so great. But *most* planes work correctly.

Edit: it might be possible to use the DIF (differential/derivative) of longitudinal velocity filter.. Ill have to try it out
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  16. hexpod

Balance:
    7,124Coins
    Ratings:
    +338 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
  17. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    looks like i voted on that long ago. For many planes, it is OK though. I never put together a list of which dont work. Try em out. Throttle up on the brakes and the rig shouldnt move. Let go and it leans back.
  18. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    take a look at my mover file.. i changed it to longitudinal speed for surge (and pitch mix) but am having the same jerk when leaving the ground.. even though i use the same pose for air/ground. tested with PA24 & F18.

that said, it feels dangerous.. and DONT SLEW with it, it goes wild because it cant sense that youre in slew mode and the speed derivative just keeps sending data.

(Pedro, will the new version sense slew mode like pause?)

Attached Files:

19. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    well this is odd.. maybe something changed in the latest sim update or A2A update.. but with my regular longitudinal accel pose i can now hold the brakes and throttle up and the rig doesnt pitch up/surge forward until i get off the brakes. Slowing down with brakes though, still does not produce a rear surge/forward pitch.
  20. stil550

stil550 Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino

Thanks for all the feedback. I had an inkling that it may have been a 3rd party dev. thing with Comanche since this issue doesn't seem to be voiced all that much. I did get the Long. Speed working for the surge purposes pretty well, with the High Pass acting as a differentiator and having it separated into its own pose, that is for both Air and Ground, so transition between ground and air are not a factor.

A2A Comanche has gotten an update yesterday through the marketplace to their 1.6 I believe. That may be the reason why it is working all of a sudden. I haven't had a chance to fly it since the update, so need to test.

One really nice thing that I've discovered is that the Pose from Suspension with the Data from : Suspension travel position, seem to work for Comanche. It is very twitchy so I had to Gain it down quite a bit and invert it to -0.1.
    But I think it is a little bit more lively on the ground than the standard pitch/roll/heave. I maybe making it up, as I honestly have not done any critical A/B testing between the two, but I like the bumpiness when taxing, and I think it enhances that feeling of sudden smoothness, the second wheels detach from the ground.

For anyone interested in trying it out.
    • Like Like x 1