1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
vthinsel

Gran Turismo 7 - PS4/5 2022-12-03

Finally motion for GranTurismo on PlayStation !

1. levers

levers Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    965Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi @vthinsel,

I've attached the 2 files generated but I've had to add the .txt suffix as they wouldn't upload otherwise. The car was the Renault Clio RS at Brands Hatch GP circuit.

I hope it helps you resolve the issue. If you need any more info please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. vthinsel

vthinsel Well-Known Member

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Wow ! You upgraded the engine ? Getting more than 10G with a Clio RS :)
    upload_2023-7-12_22-15-17.png
    Indeed the result is weird. With constant speed increase, we should get a stable forward force. I'll check more in details when I'm back home if I have the same behavior and debug the issue in more details.
    You said you tried with earlier versions of the proxy, and you had the same issue, right ?
    Version upto 1.2 uses regular math operations, without numpy/pandas. It is here: https://github.com/vthinsel/GT7Proxy/releases/download/v1.2/GT7Proxy.exe
    • Like Like x 1
  3. levers

Balance:
    965Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi I've literally changed nothing. I've gone through the initial driving lessons just to be able to pick a car and circuit. I started with your initial release of the proxy and the surge worked well but as you can see it's now erratic. It was only when I looked again at the plugin I saw an update but that didn't change anything and then when you mentioned further update I downloaded that. So I would suggest the sway issue was there from the start and the surge happened with one of the game updates.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!
  4. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Well, I have done a comparison between version 1.2 and 1.5 (1.5 uses numpy/pandas) and the result is interesting. I used my record/playback tool to have the same basis:
    upload_2023-7-13_17-55-14.png
    version 1.5 on the left and 1.2 on the right.
    Local velocity looks the same, but we can clearly see that the surge force is different. This is strange as well because surge is just a delta of two consequent local velocity values divided by the time. I need to dig this further, but unfortunately, I'm off tonight for 3 weeks.
    For now, I suggest you go back to version 1.2. I'll also pl$ull-out version 1.5 from github.
    Thanks for pointing this issue. Feel free to open a bug as well on github.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    roll/pitch/yaw and local velocities are fine in both versions. I really need to find a better way to compute the forces :
    upload_2023-7-13_18-30-7.png
    • Like Like x 1
  6. levers

Balance:
    965Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi,

Thanks for all your efforts! I'll have a play with the earlier versions of the proxy while you are away. Hopefully at some point you can find a solution. I'm grateful for what you have achieved!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  8. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
  9. levers

Balance:
    965Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
  10. levers

Balance:
    965Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi @vthinsel,
    I've tested it and surge is much better. Did you make the same changes to sway as that seems a little better but still has the random direction changes.

Thanks for your efforts!
  11. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Good News then. Yes, all forces use the same calculation. Will check if this can be improved when I get back in a couple of weeks
    • Like Like x 2
  12. tazerface

tazerface Member

Balance:
    183Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello mates,

I am a newbie and just set up my first 2DOF rig which I started to build for GT7 as soon as I found your awesome plugin - many many many thanks for this!!

I started playing around with the sensitivity in order to get some first movements from the game into the rig.
    It is already really nice, but what I found so far is, that pitch only reacts to the road incline/decline, but (almost) not to acceleration/braking, which I was hoping for the most.
    Also gear shifting is not giving me any pitch movements, so far.

What is really too extreme imo is touching kirbs and walls, shakes my rig a lot.

I know these questions may refer more to simhub and smc3 settings itself, but could you please give me a hint how to intensify acceleration and deceleration forces, maybe show me how you set up your sensitivity settings?

I am using GT7proxy 1.7 for now.

Many thanks guys! :)
  13. levers

Balance:
    965Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi,

The output telemetry replicates actual forces so if a car has softer suspension then it will pitch when you accelerate. If you want to exaggerate it artificially then in SIMTOOLS you need to mix some surge into pitch and to reduce the roll on kurbs then increase the values in Min/Max tuning.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello
    It is up to you to configure your axis based on position/forces. Surge is the force you should use to feel accélération upon gear change for example
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tazerface

tazerface Member

Balance:
    183Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    thanks for your replies! I am playing around with surge and it works, quite jerky but this will be my setup, i guess. can feel the acceleration already :)

Next step is currently my buttshakers - as I am quite happy with what simhub does for me, and I am aware of the UDP port issue - might there be an option to add a flag by starting the GT7proxy to define a different port, so I can forward the telemetry from simhub to the GT7proxy.exe?

I know one guy here changed that in source code, but I am not confident enough to compile my own .exe.
    Might an optional flag like --port be an option for a future release?
  16. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    yes, i’ll include ports as arguments. This will make it more flexible. And maybe compatible with the udp proxy/ replicator I made here https://github.com/vthinsel/Python_UDP_Receiver
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. tazerface

tazerface Member

Balance:
    183Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino

Hello Kim,

could you please explain how you did this?
    I also managed to compile a new proxy.exe from source where I changed the ReceivePort from 33740 to 33750.
    Simultaneously I forwarded the telemetry from simhub to this port, but when I start the proxy it gets a WinError 10054 (remotehost closed connection)

Where to forward simhub data to (which IP) and then what ps_ip to open? I tried with both the ps IP and 127.0.0.1 as both softwares run on the same computer, but no success
  18. vthinsel

Balance:
    5,997Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    If you can wait a couple of weeks i’ll make a new release where all ports will be configurable. Or you can contribute and submit a pull request
  19. tazerface

tazerface Member

Balance:
    183Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    i will wait for it of course - just trying to make a quick solution as I am always trying around a bit and it feels like there is not much left to get it running with the current source code - sorry if i am annoying someone, just trying my luck
  20. tazerface

tazerface Member

Balance:
    183Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    all right, I got it running.
    I changed the port in the GT7proxy.py and forwarded the UDP data in simhub to this port under the game settings of GT7 (not the relay UPD plugin!).
    Then I can open the modified GT7proxy.exe and open the 127.0.0.1 as ps_ip and both simhub and simtools work simultaneously - yeehaw!!

I am still getting the error WinError 10054 in the console, but it works anyway.

Looking very forward to the next release, but I am already happy by now :)