1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom ODESC - BLDC - 4 Dof Simulator (SMR 200)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Will974, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Dan82

Dan82 New Member

Pilot
    Balance:
    39Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to your shared files :thumbs

Since I want to start gathering all the parts... Is there any specific reason why you chose 140KV motors and not 170KV or 190KV? Does it make a difference? I've seen someone use 190KV on a similar project here in the forum ... and now I'm confused...
  2. Will974

Will974 Active Member

Industrial Ingeenering Teacher
    Balance:
    893Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

149 KV will permit you to generate more torque but you will have less max speed. Check the specification of your motor .... I use also 190 KV and it's enough for my use....
  3. Dan82

Dan82 New Member

Pilot
    Balance:
    39Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do not have the motors yet…
    My considerations were that I have a heavy rig (160x40 profiles all around) and am not a lightweight myself… on the other hand I wanted to have a very responsive rig that can reproduce road and curb textures… so, which one would you choose with 1605 ball screw and 150mm range? 140, 170 or 190KV?
  4. Dan82

Dan82 New Member

Pilot
    Balance:
    39Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do not have the motors yet…
    My considerations were that I have a heavy rig with 160x40 profiles all around and am not a lightweight myself. On the other hand I wanted to have a very responsive rig that can reproduce road and curb textures. So, which one would you choose with 1605 ball screw and 150mm range? 140, 170 or 190KV?