1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Seems like your front left actuator has more movement that the others. (or is slower?)
    But you can tell in the video 0:45 second, that the 2 from actuators are getting the same commands.
    And yet they move slight differently.
    upload_2023-4-6_10-14-14.png

We will have to wait for more feedback, but so far I have a thumbs up from others who have tried it.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  2. flipflop

flipflop Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    382Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I am struggling to get FH4 steam version working with motion on 3dof rig. I get very fractional jarring movements but nothing properly responding.
    I entered the in game details as posted on the instructions. I also entered the ip address and port number on the plugin window.
    The games does respond strangely to my g29 steering wheel too. I think I can resolve this problem but would really appreciate help sorting the motion.
    I have read the udp relay info on fm7 but not sure if I need this as i thought the udp is built into the plugin.
    Thanks I advance. :thumbs
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    All of the new forza plugins do not require any fancy router settings or anything extra to get them working, they all allow for proper loop-back connections. Just need the in games settings setup like on the data page and you are good to go.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  4. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    @yobuddy, when I activated the 'Auto detect launched games' is not sticking when I re-opened the app. Is this kind a safety feature?
  5. 930175620

930175620 New Member

Balance:
    74Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    When I use Flypt Mover, their speed is consistent, and each movement is normal. But using Simtools is abnormal.
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    No, it's working here fine.
    I did add this feature since the beginning of the beta, so maybe a re-install will fix you up.
  7. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Please close the virtual window and turn the output off in the axis assignments.
    Let me know how it goes buddy.
    upload_2023-4-7_10-50-56.png
  8. 930175620

930175620 New Member

Balance:
    74Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I didn't understand what you want me to do, and what I need to feedback.
  9. 930175620

930175620 New Member

Balance:
    74Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    When I turn the virtual window output off,front right actuator is slower then the others.
    But the movements of each axis are normal.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Reinstalled did the fix, Thanks Yobuddy..
    • Like Like x 1
  11. flipflop

flipflop Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    382Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Is it just me?;) since the last simtools v3 update it has changed the way some of the game motion works. I have had to reduce the values in the axis assignments. I noticed it particularly with ac and automobilista. I found I needed to retune the settings.

Also wrc generations is very floaty! That's the only way I think I can describe it. :)
    I haven't tried messing with axis limiting yet? Perhaps that may be an area that will help.

Is there a thread that shows the values others have used? I think that would be very helpful.
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Nothing has changed engine wise but there was an intensity slider fix.
    Maybe try moving the intensity slider around a bit for the profile your using and then to Max.
    See if it feels better.

The problem is fixed by the way, but for profiles it has already affected, the problem may be there until you adjust the intensity slider one time.
    Take care!
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  13. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    hmm...this fix is for a while actually.
    First, the radio button of the auto launched game is sticking, but it can't started my motion rig to moves. I can double click the banner and noticed that the Simtools is activated for the game (running Dirt 2.0 Rally), but in game my rig didn't move. I'm also using OpenComposite if it's matter. I tried drag n drop the Dirt 2.0 VR exe file to banner but it didn't work either.

Second, if I run Simhub simultaneously with Simtools, it just work for one app, not both (Simhub and Simtools). I would run the bass shaker through Simhub. And I have tried configuring my shaker through Simtools but in Speaker config there is no option for Quadraphonic for my particular Sound Card.

What are the way out for these problems?
  14. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Check that you have Axis Assignments and Max/Min numbers for the game buddy.

This is the nature of sending UDP packets, only one app can collect the data at a time.
    You have to forward the packet to the other app.

You can use 5.1 (with the sub and center removed).
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  15. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Check that you have Axis Assignments and Max/Min numbers for the game buddy.
    - I did, it works fine before. Kinda because using OpenComposite? If I used OpenVR, it works fine. But I'm not sure. I'm using OpenComposite because it has better picture in HMD.

This is the nature of sending UDP packets, only one app can collect the data at a time.
    You have to forward the packet to the other app.
    - So I have to set another UDP for another app? Should be setup in game? I don't have any expereince how to setting up UDP packet.

You can use 5.1 (with the sub and center removed).
    - There is only 'Stereo Speaker' option.
  16. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    I have no experience with OpenComposite I'm afraid.

You have to catch the packet in the first app and relay it to the next basically.
    (And this is only when the plugin is network based, if the plugin is using a memory map file, then it will work just fine.)

You can check out the v3 'UDP Relay' here:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simtools-v3-public-beta.17329/page-18#post-234477

It will still work and I'm guessing you will have the 'front right' and 'front left' output available.
    You can also configure the vibe output for all speakers 'All' and then the sound card configuration won't matter much.
    Take care!
  17. Nix Park

Nix Park New Member

SW Engineer
    Balance:
    - 53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    I performed Test Settings during interface setup. The interface I'm using is thnos AMC AASD15A and I've installed the latest firmware. However, an error appears as shown below. Please check it out.

Attached Files:

18. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Please make sure you are using the right Com port, and that you have selected the correct AMC card in the interface settings.

@Thanos,
    Has there been any changes in the newest AMC firmware buddy?
  19. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Just wanted to let you know, now running as it should. Both Simtools V3 and Simhub run simultaneously.
    Honestly, I still don't understand how to enable Vibes in Simtools V3 because I'm using external sound card.
  20. Mechromancer

Mechromancer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    I'm playing ED in STv3. Encountered no problems.