1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +88 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    yes, I had the same thing.
    especially with Dirt rally 2.0. I have to change the dir in each force, because its not move as it should (everything being inverted)
    BUT, I feel an improvement on the motion, especially the HEAVE. its more sharp and smooth on the same time (can't explain it better lol). I can feel the different texture more between the gravel and asphalt, compared to V2.
    Good job @yobuddy !! thx for the best effort!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nicki9knuckles

Nicki9knuckles Active Member

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    Thanks for the reply @Mechromancer , I wonder what I am doing wrong. Not sure how else I can debug it. any suggestions @yobuddy ?
  3. Nix Park

Nix Park New Member

SW Engineer
    Balance:
    - 53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    @yobuddy, thank you for your response. I tested it again today, but the error logs are still occurring. I believe I am using the correct com port and have also selected the correct interface. Is there something that I might be missing?

Attached Files:

4. Mechromancer

Mechromancer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Sorry, I know that was kind of a lame response, but since I encountered no issues, I couldn't give any suggestions on what to try.

I'll ask the obvious:
    1. You chose and set up the Interface plugin?

2. You're using the v3 ED plugin, right?

3. Do you see the red "STOP" icon in the ED plugin banner (meaning the SimTool manager is running) when you start ED? If you don't see the "STOP" icon, the SimTool manager is not running and you won't get motion.

4. Did you try double clicking the white "ARROW" to manually start the SimTool manager?

5. Did you try uninstalling the plugin, restart your PC and reinstalling it directly through the SimTool plugin manager?

6. I think you said you don't get any data in the Tuner, so you obviously know you need to do that before you'll get motion.

I know you probably know all this stuff....just throwing it out there.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  5. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    I have the same issue few days back, it might be the com port used by another app. For example, I'm using Simhub, somehow simhub detected the motion com port, you can use 'Never scan selected port' in Simhub.
    Also for my case, because I'm using Arduino Uno. I have to change with other Uno board.
  6. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hey thanks @Mechromancer for the suggestions:

1. yeah and I test the settings and get all the expected motion
    2. Yeah, I am getting the plugin the standard way though the plugins screen in SimToolsv3
    3. Yeah as soon as I start the game, the motion platform "perks up" and engages the motors, and simtools shows that the game is running with the STOP icon
    4. I did it this way as well
    5. I dont think I restarted after uninstalling, but yes, the only way I installed the plugin at this point is directly though simtools. Not sure if you can also manually do it?
    6. yeah, i tried starting the capture, but all the values remain as 0's

One thing I am wondering about, and the different thing about this game vs other Steam games I am runningf is when I "start game" from Steam it actually opens a ED launcher that has it's own start game button where you have to select the version of ED you want to play. Do you also get this @Mechromancer ? Maybe this is causing confusion with SimTools?
  7. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    The output direction of dof's may change a bit until we get to a full release.
    I would like all of the game plugins to be uniform the best we can. (So the global profiles will work the best they can).
  8. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    As @deeph46 said above, simhub may be the culprit if you are running it?
  9. Watchumacallit

Watchumacallit BMET- Lead

Biomedical Engineer
    Balance:
    66Coins
    Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but does game dash support the PE LMP pro wheel? If so, can I just upgrade my DIY v2 license to the pro for v3?

Anyway, had a go with V3 and looks good. So far it recognized my JRK’s right away. Haven’t tested it yet but does the profiles transfer 1-1? Meaning if my surge axis is 10 and min/ max value is 4 and -4, can I input the same values and feel the same motion?

thanks!
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  10. Nix Park

Nix Park New Member

SW Engineer
    Balance:
    - 53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    @yobuddy,
    I have installed and been using Simhub, but during testing, I only enabled the COM63 port that uses AMC for testing purposes.

When I first used Simtools 2, I experienced a Language Setting bug that caused a similar issue. However, I was able to resolve it by changing the language settings.

When I tried using Simtools 3 beta for the first time, it did not function properly, even after I tried changing the language settings. I suspect that while AMC and the port are connected, communication between them may not be working properly.

What other aspects should I check to help identify the issue?

Attached Files:

11. Mechromancer

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I'm using the Pimax 8k Plus, so I launch the game from the Pimax app. It starts SteamVR, the ED launcher and the ED client all at once.

However, every once in a while I have to log off ED for their maintenance. I log back in from the launcher that you referenced and I still get motion.

BTW, I'm still on Horizons "classic". I didnt upgrade to Odyssey, so I don't know if there's been a recent update to Odyssey. Those updates almost always bork the motion, until @Wagnard updates the plug-in. Are you on Odyssey?
  12. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hey @Mechromancer !
    I am on Horizons, I haven't purchased Odyssey. From the launcher I select: Elite Dangerous: Horizons, but in that list there are other versions of Elite Dangerous to select. I select that first option in my screen shot:
    Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 1.37.47 PM.png
  13. Mechromancer

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yeah, that's the one I choose.

Just another thought: when you go into the tuning center and hit "Capture", do you make sure your axis aren't "locked"? Also, once you initiate the capture, do you go back and give focus to the ED window?

If I don't go back to the ED window, it won't generate data for the Tuning Center.
  14. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    There is no language setting bug in v3, so that's not the issue here.
    Last I checked, my AMC is working here. (but I'm not using SimHub at all.)

I would re-tune your Max/Min for output, as a lot of plugins have been updated.
    Take care!
  15. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +88 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    have you try to change the arduino tab settings on simhub As @deeph46 said?
    I had the same issues before and all I do is check every single box COM ports that I use for another devices.
    Screenshot 2023-04-13 010316.jpg
  16. Mechromancer

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hey man, sorry, but that option you choose is NOT the one i see. I have "Legacy Horizons". But I think @Wagnard said the plug should work for both.
  17. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +88 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    so something odd happen today. I try to play dirt rally 2.0 and simtools doesn't work anymore.
    anyone had this error?
    Its normal on test settings.
    and when I try another game, like assetto and grid legend, it works normally.
    what I've done is reinstall the plugins, but no luck.

edited
    solved! after several times restart the pc I got it work again. weird..
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  18. Watchumacallit

Watchumacallit BMET- Lead

Biomedical Engineer
    Balance:
    66Coins
    Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Can anybody confirm if the Pokornyi LMP pro DIY wheel with Nextion screen work with Game Dash on Simtools V3?
  19. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    If you know how to send data to the unit, then it should be possible.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok thanks @Mechromancer! Just to be sure I will try the legacy option as well. Also, to your other question, I do give focus back to the game after setting capture in the min and max of simtools. I didn't notice anything related to the axis being locked. I will have another look about that though, thanks a lot man!