1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Krzysztof Dej

Krzysztof Dej Active Member

Balance:
    1,082Coins
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi I enjoy simtools v3 all the time but after few updates i Wonder what is best. Set profile at 100 and adjust in game values or doesn't matter. Now after updates i have few games like assetto or rbr like 50 % strength
  2. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    612Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Done...

Thanks Yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gerardo Rivera

Gerardo Rivera New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I’m trying to get box FSX to work and the only way it works when dropped on the prepar3d banner,

with the FSX Steam game will launch but no motions, FS2020 works great
  4. Racer54098

Racer54098 New Member

Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 4DOF
    Hi,

I'm have a problem with Star Wars Squadrons motion. I was able to connect star wars plugin to the game without errors. Also, I am able to capture min/max values of motion inputs. I mean that I can see motion input values changing when flying with a fighter and I can capture them. Axis are setup normally and filters don't have deadzone set at all. Intensity 90.

I can't figure out why my motion rig doesn't move though. Can't understand why motion inputs generate values when the fighter moves and stop generating when fighter stops, but there's still no movement. I did set min/max values close to the recorded values.

But there's no movement. Maybe some one here has an idea why this there is no movement? :(

Is this correct way to setup Squadrons? What I did was following this guide:

"Here is what I did (and this works for me):
    1. I renamed starwarssquadrons_launcher.exe to starwarssquadrons_oldlauncher.exe
    2. Under a command line with administrator privileges, I went to the \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Squadrons\ folder and typed in the following command:
    mklink starwarssquadrons_launcher.exe starwarssquadrons.exe
    This will create a symbolic link from the launcher filename to the real main.exe
    3. In the Windows explorer, open the properties dialog of the symbolic link icon and tick the box "read-only" so that it won't be automatically replaced (not sure it's bullet proof though).

To launch the game, do not start the main exe directly but simply click on the start button in Steam. You can even directly launch Squadrons in VR mode."

In general: if I can see motion values in SimTools window, does it always mean that rig should move too? Is it possible that the values are changing
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    You would still need axis assignments for the game, so SimTools knows what to do with the inputs.
  6. Richard Eaton

Richard Eaton Member

Balance:
    125Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi, I'm trying to get F1 2022 working with my Simtools v3, it just doesn't do anything. I've setup the telemetry etc but no feed back when racing, everything works fine in FS2020 so I know everything is working correctly, any ideas what the issue may be.
    Many thanks
    Richard
  7. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Please PM me some screenshots of your setup and I can take a look.
    The plugin seems to be working here is all.
    Take care!
  8. hansvdm

hansvdm Member Gold Contributor

Freelance
    Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I am trying to get wind into NL2. I have sim3 tools Dash setup and the right parameters (wind works in other games. It looks like the telemetry is not coming true. I have tried --telemetry with and without the --telemetryport=15151 setting.
    When I have S<Sf1><Sf1> or S<sf1><sf2> the fan is not running. When I put in S<Sp1> and when I start Sim3tools the Fan starts running at the same speed but in not interacting with the game NL2 rolercoaster.

@yobuddy

Any Idea, help?

Thanks

Hans

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  9. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Looks like your settings are correct for the game.
    https://simtools.us/plugin/?varname=167&color=0e97dd
    Do you get speed input in the Dash section of v3?

I'm not really sure what sketch your using for the speed fans, but S<sf1><sf2> should give you 3d fans?
    I have had a few people with sketches where S for speed output only uses one input S<Sp1>.
    Where if you want to do 3D then you need L<sf1>R<sf2>.
  10. hansvdm

Freelance
    Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  11. hansvdm

Freelance
    Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino

I also tried gamedash 2.3. The speed is moving, same for SimTools 3. I tried both S and L and S<Dash1> Speed <Dash1> same result no wind :-(

upload_2023-12-19_15-39-52.png
  12. hansvdm

Freelance
    Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    When I use Raceroom experience with S<Sf1><Sf1> the fans work. Don't work with NL2 roller coaster
  13. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
  14. hansvdm

Freelance
    Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Yes I did and it works with RaceRoom. An other strange thing is that when you stop the track (so not leaving the game) and you stop Simtools, change a few thing and than start simtools and start a new track the connection between the game and the track is lost and won't reconnect to the telementry server. You must resart simtools and the game
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    I will look this over too, thanks for the report.
  16. Richard Eaton

Richard Eaton Member

Balance:
    125Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi, thanks for the response, please see attached pics, I've tested with FS2020 and Assetto Corsa and all works fine, is it maybe because when I launch the game from Simtools it opens EA but doesn't launch the game automatically, I have to click play?

Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

17. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,470Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,051 / 17 / -0
    Remove the UDP relay as you don't need it unless driving another outside application.
    upload_2023-12-20_10-23-36.png

Second, the output port is 4123.
    upload_2023-12-20_10-24-38.png
  18. Richard Eaton

Richard Eaton Member

Balance:
    125Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you, I shall give it a try once my rig is functioning again, for some reason one of my IBT2s has suddenly decided to start shorting and blowing the fuse, have ordered a replacement, is this common?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    788Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello sir, it is suport plugin for wreckfest sir?? Ihave plugin for wrekfest for simtools v2 sir. Howto add it??
  20. DE CASTRO

DE CASTRO Gaby SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Balance:
    615Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hello everyone,
    is there a way to put a WRC UDP bridge on the socket for V3 simtols like on the one for F1 2023 which works perfectly. THANKS.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2023