1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. FoxHound.92

FoxHound.92 2DOF seat mover Gold Contributor

Balance:
    56Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Yeah, I remembered that as well by now.

I referred to the SimTools3 manual offered on the website.
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
    Glad you got it all working buddy.
    The manual simply shows example settings that are not specifically for smc3 is all.
    (But If I had bad information somewhere, I would want to correct it is all.)
    Thanks for the message!
    yobuddy
  3. Krzysztof Dej

Krzysztof Dej Active Member

Balance:
    1,076Coins
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello @yobuddy my friend have problem with fly sim :Microsoft flight simulator 2020. He have roll and pitch set by 20 % and max min setting up but hair working only on ground or when he crashed so... On ground. I told him to replace to pitch velocity and roll velosoty but without results. What we missed or what we set wrong that this doesn't work. Thanks and have a nice day
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
  5. dgiatr

dgiatr Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello yobuddy,

As far as game vibe i would like to ask for Epic Roller Coaster ...
    Can i change the configuration of the speakers 5.1 system setup? I mean, by default you have assigned left - right for the front and rear left - rear right for the back. Since i have already assigned my speakers 5.1 system for the bass shakers according to my other games like il2 sturmovik using different shakers software not simtool, can i change your default configuration to match mine?
    I mean , i would like to assign "c'' and "sw" channels of my front bass shakers which are already on the front left and right side of my rig and not "left" and "right" channels as it is your default setting.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
    Epic Roller Coaster already supports all it can from the data that is supplied from the game. This includes Road Detail, Turbulence, Collision LR and Collision FB.

Playing something in the 'front right' or 'front left' is just where the sound is played in 3d space, so if your sound card has a speaker configured for front right or front left, it should play. So to get you center to work, you would select a 'front' output in the app.
    Hope that helps!
    yobuddy
  7. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Since moving to Simtools 3 (great update btw!) I have been forced to check the "Auto detect Launched games" box every time I start Simtools, otherwise none of my games have motion.

But recently is also resets all the min/max tuning values (for all games) everytime i run Simtools?

I have saved both the profile and on the min/max page itself, but it resets anyways....

What am I doing wrong?
  8. Gimenez37

Gimenez37 New Member

Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    It doesn't work for me in iracing, input data 0 is output.
  9. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
    I can check the "Auto detect Launched games" and close and reopen simtools and its still there. It may be worth doing a clean install of SimTools v3 as there were quite a few changes during the beta phase. I believe we now are ready for a release candidate, so things won't change much from here.

I can't see how it could wipe out the max/min settings for all the plugins, without a hard drive dying or something?

Since the last update to IRacing, the game itself has a memory mapped file bug that I hope they are still working on. The problem can happen whenever you use more than one app to collect data from the game. But if you only use SimTools and IRacing alone, you won't see the problem.
  10. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Yes that might solve it - can I do that without losing all the data?

I am pretty confident that my harddrive is okay :)
    Simtools 3 has been working fine for months? Its just the last 2 weeks that has been going on like this?
  11. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Sooo it just dawned on me to check the Simtools folder - it was "read only" - and now the data is back!

I have no idea how it suddenly had changed - but the important thing is, that it works now - thanks :)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. admarper

admarper New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello, is not fixed yet, right?
    Regards.
  13. Sin.Schumi

Sin.Schumi Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 18Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    @yobuddy Any Update for the Start/Stop Buttom like Simtools 2.6 ?? I had ask for a while its very Important for me ;)
  14. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
    We have been able to get the game installed and running, but we are not getting data either. It does not seem to be loading the SimConnect file. We will need to look into it more this coming week.

I'm not sure the 'Button' should be anymore than a stop button in v3, but I'm still thinking it over.
  15. Nick Clements

Nick Clements Member

Balance:
    80Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    Is it possible to have simtools running on different PC to my Flightsimulator PC as you can in earlier Version 2.x?
  16. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
    Hi Nick,
    Dual PC setups were deemed as not needed any more due to the power of modern pc's. But there is a list of remote (or console) plugins available for v3. Here is the official list of remote plugins.
    https://simtools.us/plugin_library/?repo_id=2&color=0e97dd
  17. Radje748

Radje748 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Maybe a question asked several times(but could not find it)...
    I am using the simtools 2.x version (perfectly), but is there any reason why I should go to Simtools 3...(not using dashboards etc)...
    I did some tests but not any big differences.(2Dof)... or am I missing something :)

Tnx!
  18. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,321Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,047 / 17 / -0
    Hi @Radje748,
    V3 will work along side your v2 setup, no need to fully replace v2 if your happy with your setup. But there is already some game plugins that are only available for v3, or have had updates to a given plugin. And of course there are features that are only available in v3, like crash detection and parking location and so on. But you don't need to re-setup any games you have already working in v2 if your happy.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  19. Radje748

Radje748 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Tnx...

So no differences in the way it works basicly.... using Simtools 2 now for almost 2 years...but was curious if maybe simtools 3 has smooter, quicker or other improverments in regards of movement (90% using Iracing)...
  20. Krzysztof Dej

Krzysztof Dej Active Member

Balance:
    1,076Coins
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello any solve for iracing? Simtools doesn't take any telemetry. Also I can't start game from simtools. Whaen I press start noting happening
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2024 at 09:14