1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    As you know, flight sims in SimTools v3 can have separate max/min settings for 'In Air' vs 'On Runway'.
    You can toggle what which set of the max/min settings you are currently editing with the button shown below.
    upload_2024-7-12_21-1-9.png

Where the button above is showing that you are working on the settings for "In Air". Clicking this button would then show the settings you currently have for "On Runway". So adjust the one shown to your liking and click save, then press the button to show the other set of Max/Min's, and adjust as needed and click save.
    Hope this helps,
    yobuddy
  2. littleghostthirteen

littleghostthirteen New Member

Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    V3 Pro- the cricket at the top right is illuminated blue and hovering over produces a message that says new plugin available. Uninstalled all plugins and reinstalled them, took ages as Simtools doesn’t save plugin settings so you have to set them back to what you like. Restarted Simyools and PC. It’s still telling me there’s a new plugin available.
  3. dgiatr

dgiatr Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    211Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi yobuddy thank you for your reply.
    I have already done all the above you said, simtools seems to get min/max values for air and runway separately by pressing "save" button , but when I stop playing the game and return to simtools I see that min/max values for "air" have all returned to zero!
    What happens?
    Thank you in advance.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    It's probably the new SOLO interface plugin, go-to the plugin manager and click interface plugins.

Game Plugins get a update arrow marker on the banner to click to update the game plugin (unless your options is to update game plugins automatically) There is no need to remove a plugin to update it for future reference.

Know that before uninstalling any game plugin that is working you can make a backup of the game plugin with all you settings. Go to Options, then export on the lower right, then click the game plugin you want to export. Select custom export and check all the added settings you use (motion, crash, dash and vibe) and hit export. Now if you ever want to re-setup this plugin you can simply drag-drop it back into simtools and the plugin with all your settings get restored.

It also worth exporting a setup plugin for backup also. This way if you ever need to reinstall the whole app, you can simply drag-drop the your backed up setup plugin, and then a backed up game plugin and your all setup again with no settings required.

Hope this helps buddy,
    yobuddy
  5. littleghostthirteen

littleghostthirteen New Member

Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Thanks Yobuddy, appreciate the response. I looked for—- the new SOLO interface plugin, go-to the plugin manager and click interface plugins.—- but nothing said update or anything like that. I have now set all my updates to auto, see if that fixes things.

Thanks for the tip on export as well. I chose the community option, is that correct? Not sure of the difference.
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    You will want to export your pre-configured game plugins as an Custom Game Plugin, so you can add all your specific settings for your simulator. This can included your Motion, Dash, Vibe and or Crash settings for the plugin (simply check all that you use). Where a Community Game Plugin is just the core files, and then requires the game plugin to be setup for a specific simulator
    Hope that helps!
  7. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Hello Yobuddy, I have running SMC3 with Arduino UNO for maybe around 1 year. But sometimes my rig moves beyond limit. If it does, I have to stop the rig and open up SMC3 app and then give zero values for the limits and click ON. Motor back to center after that it works again.

I'm wondering, does SMC3 have 'Auto Reset' for that?

Thanks
  8. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    I believe the limit is adjustable in the SMC3 app, but a simple fix can be to simply set the axis limiting for all the axes to 95% or so in v3.
  9. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    When it's on limits, my motor will turn off and sink. Can I get Auto Reset with getting in the SMC3 app to reset it?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  10. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    I'm not sure that this means
    upload_2024-7-21_9-42-48.png

Please give this a try buddy.
  11. Resrees

Resrees New Member

Balance:
    - 24Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi.
    I have occured the problem I used joy stick plungin and work well but this plugin necessary show on the window tab but some game need to switch game tab window after that simtools cannot be worked after I switch to game tab window !

Would you help or advice any fix this problem ?

I need to keep joy stick plunin running durring I play the game

Attached Files:

• d.PNG
      d.PNG
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    If using a wireless game-pad, please connect the game-pad to the pc over USB, the plugin should then work even when SimTools is not in focus.
  13. deeph46

deeph46 Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Hello Yobuddy, yes I did that already from the first time I built the rig. It helps, but my rig sometimes moves beyond limit and then it like 'losing power' so my motor turn off middle of race then it will sink. It looks like the safety feature kicking in. I noticed it happens if take lot off amps I think, like in SPA track on the first turn (hill). Is this sign of not enough power or my VNH5019 can't provide more amps?

So I'm searching for a Auto Reset for the actuator after losing power (sink to the bottom).

What I did from my habit if my actuators are sinking are :
    1. Deactivated Simtools.
    2. Open SMC3 app.
    4. Clicking the OFF button into ON.
    5. All actuators will back to middle position.
    6. Close SMC3 app.
    7. Activate Simtools.
    8. Back to the game, run like it should.

I don't know if this coincident but I setup SMC3 with Max limits 50 and clip input 100, are these too much?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2024 at 15:37
  14. John Murphy

John Murphy Member Gold Contributor

Tech Exec
    Balance:
    450Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Is it possible that the "on ground" part of simtools V3 is bugged? In both DCS and FS2020 i get strange spikes all over the place when I am sitting on the runway not moving, however as soon as I start moving they disappear and everything is fine. if I stop on the runway they return. Any ideas here?
  15. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    Know that you can tune the max/min numbers for both 'on runway' and 'in the air'. so my guess is your 'on ground' numbers needs a bit of tuning.
  16. John Murphy

Tech Exec
    Balance:
    450Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    That was my first thought too, so I set them to like +/- 100 and it had no effect on the ground spikes.
  17. John Murphy

Tech Exec
    Balance:
    450Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Any other suggestions of what to look at? Doesn't seem like noise in the motion system since it goes away when I pause the flight sim. I thought maybe the sim was sending spikes, but large values don't show up when capturing. It's like the filter doesn't work when sitting on the ground or simtools is injecting them or amplifying them some how.
  18. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,587Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,053 / 17 / -0
    Please PM me your axis and max/min settings, I'm sure we can figure out whats going on buddy.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. John Murphy

Tech Exec
    Balance:
    450Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
  20. bob williams

bob williams OSW sfx100

IT
    Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi, I would be very grateful if the Gand Prix Legends plugin could be converted to SimTools V3.
    Still enjoying this 25 year old sim!

• Informative Informative x 1